BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018: BITSAT 2018 is a popular entrance exam conducted by BITS Pilani for admission to its Integrated First Degree Programmes of Engineering offered at its three campuses including Pilani, Hyderabad, and Goa. Candidates can apply online for BITSAT 2018 on the official website of BITS, Pilani (short for Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani). The BITSAT Application Process 2018 starts from the first week of March.
Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 examination in 2018 or who have passed 10+2 Examination in 2017 are eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018. Candidates who passed 10+2 exams in 2016 or earlier are not eligible to appear for BITSAT 2018.
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018:
For B.Pharm courses:
- The candidate should have passed Class 12 Examination from a recognised Central or State Board or its equivalent.
- The candidate should have studied Biology, Chemistry, Physics subjects at the 10+2 level.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 75% in aggregate in these subjects.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in each subject.
- Students with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics subjects are also eligible to apply for this course.
- Command over the English language is mandatory.
For courses other than Pharmacy:
- The candidates should have qualified in the 10+2 Standard Examination from a recognised Central or State Board.
- The candidate should have passed Class 12th with subjects including Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
- A minimum of 75% marks in aggregate is required in these subjects.
- The candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% marks in each subject to be eligible for BITSAT.
- Proficiency in English is a must.
- Those who get 1st rank in their board examination will get direct admission in the course of their choice but they must produce the proof of the first rank.
- The candidate has to be between the age group of 21 and 25 years.
BITSAT Admissions 2018:
Admissions will be done purely on basis of the merit list prepared by BITS, Pilani. The merit list of the candidates for admission in BITS will be prepared based on marks obtained by the candidates in the BITSAT 2018. There will be two different merit lists prepared for admission – one for all the courses except B.Pharm and the other for B.Pharm course.
If the score of two candidates is similar, Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) marks will be considered first in BITSAT 2018 as a tie-breaker. If the tie remains, their Physics score will be considered. If the tie continues, Chemistry marks will be considered. If there is a tie again, Class 12 marks will be considered.
Stay tuned to collegedekho.com for further information on BITSAT Eligibility Criteria 2018!