After the announcement of IGNOU result, the IGNOU counselling process will begin at the designated IGNOU Regional Center. On the basis of the provisional merit list, candidates will be selected for the process of counselling.
The result card indicates whether the candidate qualified the entrance examination or not. There is a separate cut-off score through which the result of the candidate will be declared. The candidates who qualify in OPENMAT have to apply for admission through a specified Application Form. The candidates must attest the required documents with the application form and submit it to the Regional Director. Later, the candidates will be called for interview.
Ways to Apply For IGNOU Counselling
- The counselling schedule takes place as per the timetable designed by the Coordinator of Study Centre.
- The counselling process generally takes place on weekdays, i.e., Saturday and Sunday.
- Only shortlisted candidates on the basis of their merit list prepared and well arranged as Region wise are only eligible to appear for this procedure.
- This process will be organised at the particular Regional Centre wherever- depending on the option given by the candidate in an entrance examination Form.
- The number of candidates reported for Counselling can be more in number than the total number of seats available to fill the number of seats.
- Counselling Committee consists of Regional Directors/ representatives belonging to concerned Regional Centre/s including two Nursing Experts of the same region for conducting counselling at the specified venue.
- However, in the case of vacant seats left after the occurrence of 1st counselling, a further counselling session may be conducted at the relevant Regional Centres.
- If a candidate in a particular Regional Centre and having high rank does not get admission after allocation of fixed number seats on merit basis in that centre, he/she cannot claim admission in any other Regional Centre where the candidates having comparatively lower rank get admission as seat allotment will be done on the basis of region-wise merit list.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Two Passport Size Colour Photographs
- Both original and photocopies of certificates and mark sheets from Class X to Graduation.
- Caste Certificate (only for OBC/ SC/ ST)
- An affidavit claiming the authenticity of caster certificate ifOBC candidates do not belong to the creamy layer.
- Original Migration Certificate
- Demand draft for Rs. 15000/- as first-year admission fees to be drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at specified regional centre.