IIFT-2018 Registration & Eligibility
Accepted For : MBA
Exam Mode : Offline
25 Jul, 2017
03 Dec, 2017
IIFT 2018-2020 Eligibility Criteria
IIFT Eligibility Criteria is specified by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, which is also the conducting authority of IIFT. The exam was conducted on 3rd of December 2017, and the Detailed IIFT 2018 Paper Analysis is now available. Candidates who wish to appear for IIFT exam in future must ensure that they fulfill the IIFT eligibility criteria. Candidates failing to meet the eligibility criteria of IIFT are not allowed to take the exam.
Conducted on a national-level, IIFT exam is a gateway for aspirants to get admission in the two-year MBA course (full-time) in International Business offered at IIFT Delhi or IIFT Kolkata. As per the IIFT 2018 eligibility criteria, prescribed by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, there is no age limit to appear for IIFT exam, however, one of the basic requirements to become eligible for taking IIFT exam, is to attain at least 50% marks in Graduation, which should be a minimum of 3 years. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for IIFT, however, such candidates are given provisional admission and they are required to submit all the necessary documents later on. Apart from this, there are other eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidates before applying for IIFT entrance exam.
Candidates must note that the IIFT eligibility criteria is the same for both IIFT Delhi and IIFT Kolkata campuses. Before applying for IIFT, candidates must read the eligibility criteria carefully. Candidates failing to meet the prescribed criteria for eligibility can get disqualified at any stage of the admission process.
Following are some of the requirements that candidates must fulfill in order to become eligible for taking the IIFT exam:
- There is no age bar.
- Candidates must have completed their Graduation from a recognised university/institute, with at least 50% marks in Graduation (minimum of 3 years). For Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe ST)/ Physically challenged (PWD) candidates, minimum of 45% marks are required.
- Final year students may also apply, however, they will have to submit a proof of their qualification as and when required.
- Candidates who did not pass in Graduation are not eligible.
- Indian and Foreign candidates are eligible to apply.
- The applicability of eligibility norms is similar for both Indian and Foreign candidates.
- In order to become eligible for IIFT exam, Foreign candidates must hold a valid passport and must produce a valid GMAT score.
- It must be noted that the IIFT conducting authority reserves all the rights to cancel the admission of any candidate who fails to satisfy eligibility norms at any point in time.
- The prescribed IIFT 2018 eligibility criteria will be same for all the categories, i.e. for General, Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates.
- Candidates of any age can apply for IIFT 2018. There is no age limitation prescribed by the conducting body as such.
- After checking the IIFT 2018 eligibility criteria carefully, candidates should start filling IIFT application form.
- Candidates should note that verification of candidates’ eligibility can be done at any point in time. Candidates failing to meet IIFT MBA eligibility criteria 2018 will lead to the cancellation of their admission.
1. What is the eligibility criterion for IIFT?
- Candidate should have obtained recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration.
- Candidates appearing for the qualifying examination can also apply subject to proof of prerequisite qualification.
2. Is there any reservation available at IIFT?
Yes. Reservation is applicable in the admission process for SC/ST/OBC and Physically Handicapped category candidates as per the Government of India rules.
3. What will happen to the allocated seats if I fail in the Bachelor’s degree examination?
For candidates who join the programme on provisional basis but fail to qualify in Bachelor’s degree examination, their admission will be cancelled instantaneously. Such candidates should immediately inform the Institute on the declaration of their results.
4. Is there any age restriction to appear for the exam?
No, there isn't any age restriction to appear for the exam.
5. Is it necessary to show graduation proof at the time of admission?
Yes, it is mandatory for all candidates to show the proof of graduation (done from a recognised institute/University) in order to appear for the exam.
6. Are candidates of foreign nationality eligible to take the IIFT entrance exam?
Yes, candidates of foreign nationality can take the exam provided they meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by the institute.
7. What happens if a candidate provides fake documents during the admission process?
Admission of such candidates will be immediately cancelled and further actions will be taken by the institute, if necessary.