Dec 01, 2016
Apr 20, 2017
May 05, 2017
AEEE- B.Tech 2017 - Counselling Updates
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham conducts AEEE (B.Tech)Test for the admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) programme. Here is the detailed information about the counselling process.
- Counselling for admission will be in May / June. Counselling schedule will be published in the University website along with rank list of the Entrance Exam.
- Your rank as well as counselling call letter will not be sent by post.
- You are advised to go through the website for the information during the first week of May.
- Before attending the counselling you shall as certain your eligibility for admission with respect to age and Plus Two marks . The seat allotment is based on rank in AEEE and eligibility .
- If any Student admitted is found to be ineligible at a later date, his / her admission will be cancelled.
- Counselling will be arranged simultaneously in the three campuses. you have to appear for counselling in any one of the three campuses and opt a branch in any campus according to your preference and availability of seat.
- A certain percentage of seats in each campus will be earmarked for the Students who passed 12 class from the respective States in which the University campus is situated.
- In order to ensure admission to Students from all States, the maximum intake from any state will be suitably restricted. State from where the student studied and passed Plus Two / Higher Secondary will be the criterion for allotment of State based quota of seats and scholarship.
- You must be physically present for counselling. Parent / Guardian shall accompany of you.
- If the original certificates are not produced by a you, you will not be permit to attend the counselling.
- When you are accepts the seat allotment, your original certificates will be retained by the University, unless otherwise decided by competent authority.
- It is mandatory you shall to pay Rs. 5000/- by Demand Draft as counselling charges which is non - refundable.
- Before seat allotment, you have to pay Rs. 50,000/- by demand draft as part of tuition fees.
- You are required to pay the balance fees and complete all other formalities within the time limit prescribed in the Seat Allotment Order. Request for extension of time for payment of fees will not be entertained.
- If you are fails to remit the fees on or before the stipulated date your seat allotment will get automatically cancelled without notice.
- You have to attend the counselling in neat formal dress.
- Counselling does not guarantee admission to the B.Tech. programme. You are advised to note the seat availability from University website before coming to attend the counselling.
- 10th class certificate to prove Date of Birth,
- Marks statement of class XII to prove eligibility regarding marks,
- Hall tickets of class XII Examination & Amrita Entrance Examination – Engg.,
- Transfer Certificate from the school last attended to prove the ‘State’ where he / she studied ’Plus Two’.
- Community certificate in case of SC / ST,
- Other testimonials as specified in the call letter.
AEEE- B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) When is the Counseling for AEEE conducted?
The counseling for AEEE is conducted generally in the month of May after the declaration of results.
2) What are the B.Tech programs offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
The Engineering courses offered at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham are
- Civil Engineering,
- Aerospace Engineering,
- Computer Science & Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
- Electronics & Communication Engineering,
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
3) After admission, if one wants to withdraw from the programme, what about the refund of fees?
Refund will be given as per the regulations of the University.
4) How is the accrediation status of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham?
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. The University is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. The University is accredited with the highest rating of “A” grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2009 and Re-accredited with the highest rating of “A” Grade by NAAC 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category-I.
5) Is there any scholarship scheme for B.Tech. through AEEE from Amrita University?
Nearly 15% of the top ranked candidates who pass the qualifying examination from Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka are provided Scholarships. Scholarship is awarded to almost 300 students and is distributed branch wise.
6) How is the Engineering branch allotted to the candidate in the counseling?
Engineering branch is allotted to the candidate in the counseling according to the choice of the candidate as per the availability of seats at the time of the candidate’s counseling.
7) Is campus transfer possible after joining the B.Tech. programme in anyone of the Amrita campuses?
No. There is no provision for campus transfer.
8) What is faculty student ratio for the engineering programmes?
1 : 12 approximately ratio for the engineering programmes.
9) How do I know the date of my counselling?
Counselling schedule will be published in the University website along with the rank list. Candidates shall find from the website their date and time of counselling.
10) At the time of counselling, is the presence of candidate compulsory?
Yes, the candidate along with his / her parent or guardian shall be present at the counselling desk.
11) At the time of counselling, is it enough to produce Photostat copies of the certificates?
Sorry. Original certificates are to be produced (See Section 11.1, Item (6) in Information Handbook) at the time of counselling.
12) Is Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham affiliated to any University for purpose of recognition of degrees?
No. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a University established under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956. Being a University, the question of affiliation to another university does not arise. Since the university is recognized by UGC and Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, the courses offered by Amrita University are recognized. The University is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council ( NAAC ) with ‘A’ Grade in 2009 and 2014. The HRD Ministry’s Panel Report (2010) on Deemed Universities has graded Amrita in Category ‘A’.
13) Which is the organizing body of Amrita University?
The Amrita University is a multi disciplinary research University and spread over its five campuses in states Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka. The University is organized by Mata Amritanandmayi Math. Mata Amritanandmayi Math is an international organization founded by Mata Amritanandmayi Devi in 1981. The Math is involved in different charitable efforts that include caring for poor people, Disaster relief and Scholarship programs for poor students etc.
14) How many students are presently studying in the University?
At present around 15,000 students are studying in the five campuses of the University in Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Management, Social work, Communication and so on.