University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) organises UPES MET every year for admission to MBA courses. Here is the detailed information about the selection process:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for allotting admission into UPES on the basis of their MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT by GMAC, GMAT scores of the prescribed year or UPES MET 2019 scores.
- Thereafter, if candidates are shortlisted, they will have to participate in GD (group discussion) round and finally the personal interaction (PI) round with the UPES admission faculty.
- The performance of candidates will be judged at every phase of the selection process, on the basis of which the candidate will be given admission.
- The selection process for UPES MET will be held in three cities, which are Kolkata, New Delhi, and Mumbai. UPES will conduct the GD/PI via two pathways:
- Non Examination pathway,
- Examination pathway.
The candidates who have appeared for the following national level examinations – CAT/ XAT /MAT/CMAT/NMAT and have the required percentile can directly attend the Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The required percentiles for CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT by GMAC are as follows:
For MBA Oil & Gas / Power Management / Energy Trading / Logistics & Supply Chain Management / International Business: Candidates having minimum MAT score of 80 percentile and minimum CAT/XAT score of 75 percentile will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for GD & PI if qualified. Valid CAT/ CMAT / GMAT/NMAT by GMAC/XAT scores will also be accepted.
For MBA Port & Shipping Management / Aviation Management / Urban Infrastructure & Smart Cities / Business Analytics/ MBA with Specialization in HR / Operations / Marketing / Finance): Candidates having minimum MAT/CMAT score of 75 percentile and minimum CAT/XAT score of 70 percentile will be exempted from UPES Management Entrance Test and will only be called for GD & PI if qualified.
Important Note: NMAT by GMAC Score - Minimum required score will be updated after the declaration of NMAT by GMAC result.
- The candidates who fail to fulfill the required percentile in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ NMAT by GMAC can apply via this pathway.
- The candidates are required to have a minimum score of 50% in Class 10th, 12th and in Graduation.
- If candidates are applying via Examination pathway, they will be required to take the management entrance test by UPES.
- Up to 30% seats will be filled through National Level Tests category (CAT/MAT/XAT/NMAT by GMAC). In case, candidates for such seats are not available, UPES has the right to fill these seats through UPES MET.
Documents Required for GD/PI:
- UPES MET 2018 payment receipt
- Class 10th mark sheet and certificate in original and photocopy form
- Class 12th mark sheet and certificate in original and photocopy form
- Graduation mark sheet and Migration certificate
Scholarship for MBA Programmes:
- Minimum 80 percentile score in CAT/XAT.
- Minimum 90 percentile score in MAT, NMAT by GMAC, UPES MET & any other National Level Entrance Test.
- 5% seats in each programme for 25% tuition fee waiver in the 1st semester.
List of MBA Colleges in India Accepting UPES MET