Jan 29, 2017
Mar 19, 2017
Mar 25, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
TANCET 2017 - Counselling Updates
Anna University is being conducted every year Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test(TANCET) for the admission to MBA course. Here is the detailed information about Selection and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
- Selection Procedure Merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the TANCET(M.B.A.).
- The reservation norms of Government of Tamil Nadu will be followed for admission.
- If there is a tie between candidates (same marks obtained by more than one candidate) while preparing the merit list, the candidate who has passed all the subjects upto prefinal / semester / year and having higher average percentage of marks upto pre-final semester/year of the qualifying examination will be ranked above.
- Counseling will be held at Anna University, Chennai-25 generally in August.
- You should attend the counseling with all the original certificates.
- TANCET Counseling Fee: Rs 5,300 (Rs 1,150/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) Payment Mode: DD or Cash, inclusive of a non-refundable counseling fee of Rs 300 (Rs 150/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Note: The Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
Step 1 – Online Registration to participate in the counselling
- If you are Eligible to participate in the counselling ,you must get registered for online only. No other mode is available for the registration. Register on or before 5.00 PM on 15 July . A log-in account will be created on successful completion of the registration, .
Note – There is a common application form for taking admission to Government, Government Aided Engineering and Arts & Science Colleges and for the seats in University Departments/Regional Centres, seats surrendered by the self-Financing Engineering Colleges, Arts & Science Colleges including Stand Alone Institutions under the Unified Single Window Admission System for Indian Nationals.
- You are required to send the printout of the online submitted application form along with relevant enclosures and DD to the authority.
- You must be sent by post or dropped in a box at the office of the “The Secretary, TN MBA / MCA Admissions , Government College of Technology, Coimbatore 641013” before the last date.
- You must only use an A4 Size cover and duly affix the printed copy of address label on it.
Step 2 – Online Choice Filling:-
- Now, you will be allowed to exercise your choices of the college & course online. you can indicate as many choices as you like from the list of seats that are available, in the order of your preference.
Step 3 – Reporting at the nodal center for document verification:-
- After you have completed registration and choice filling, you should report at one of the designated Nodal Centers for the verification of your documents, payment of the Counselling & University registration fee and the locking of your final choices. Post verification of the documents, you should lock your final choices at the designated nodal center.
List of Documents required for the purpose of verification:-
You must enclose the self-attested copies of the following documents along with the application.
- Mark sheet and Certificate/Provisional Certificate of the qualifying examination. The candidates who would have appeared for the final year exam of the qualifying degree will have to bring along degree completion certificate from the Head of the institution where the candidate has studied.
- Mark Sheet of Class 10th & 12th
- Original TANCET MBA 2016 Rank card
- Copy of TANCET MBA 2016 Admit Card of TANCET MBA 2016
- Online registration slip
- Nativity certificate
- Original SC/ST certificate
- Certificate from District Medical Board for Differently Abled candidates (if Applicable).
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for counseling call letter
- Self-addressed stamped acknowledgement card
Step 4 – Allotment of Seat:-
- According to the choices submitted by you, seats will be allotted in order of your rank . The seat allotment result will be declared online and will be published at the official website of Anna University.
- In case, you will not be satisfied with the seat allotted to you,you can wait for the next round of the TANCET MBA Counselling. But if you will be satisfied with the allotted seat, you should to pay the amount for securing the seat allotment.
Step 5 – Reporting to the allocated College:-
- You should download your final allotment letters and report to the allotted institute as per the schedule.You must pay the academic fee and join the program.