AP PGECET Counselling is expected to begin in the last week of August. It is an online process organised separately for both Engineering and Pharmacy. Candidates can fill their college preferences online after document verification. Apart from this, they have to pay INR 1000 as counselling fee to participate in the process.
- Counselling for admission into M.Tech. /M.Pharm./ Pharm.D(PB) courses will start in the month of August in 5 university helpline centres.
- Separate counselling will be organised for GPAT/GATE holders.
- Seats remaining vacant will be filled up through AP PGECET counselling.
- GATE/GPAT qualifiers will be given preference while filling up of seats.
- The qualifying marks for General category is 30 marks out of 120.
AP PGECET 2018 Counselling Schedule
AP PGECET Result
17th May , 2018
Online Counselling for AP PGECET for GATE and GPAT qualified candidates
4th week of August 2018
Counselling for AP PGECET qualified candidates
1st week of September 2018
Before proceeding to the counselling process, the first step is to verify all the certificates.
- Registration will be done only at the respective help centre only.
- One should reached the venue and wait for the announcement from authorities.
- Candidates need to submit AP PGECET rank card to the personnel at the entrance.
- When a candidate’s rank is called, he/she has to pay the counselling fee. Post that, AP PGECET registration form will be given to them.
- Fill details like AP PGECET 2017 Hall ticket number and rank in the form.
- In the next announcement, the candidate will be called for document verification.
Documents Required for AP PGECET Certificate Verification:
Candidates will have to bring the original documents with 2 sets of photocopies at the time of verification. Mentioned below are the requisite documents for the process:
- AP PGECET Admit card 2018
- Intermediate or Equivalent exam mark sheet and passing certificate
- 10th and 12th class Mark Sheet and passing certificate
- GATE Score Card/GPAT Score Card
- Migration or Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Residence certificate of either of parents for a period of 10 years in A.P/Telangana excluding the period of their employment outside A.P/Telangana from M.R.O. for candidates who studied outside the state of AP/Telangana
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- PC/Degree Certificate & Memorandum of marks of Qualifying Examination
- Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
Documents required by Special Category candidates
PH Category: Candidates who belong to category have to submit a certificate issued by the District Medical Board and should have the disability of 40% and above.
CAP Category: Candidates who belong to this category should submit the following documents:
- Service certificate issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Serving persons have to submit Service Certificates from their workplace showing the relationship with the candidate.
- The candidate whose parents are domicile of AP/Telangana are considered to be eligible to come under CAP category.
- Discharge Book for verification.
NCC Category: Candidates who belongs to this category have to submit their A, B, C certificates.
AP PGECET Web Counselling:
After verifying all the certificates, eligible candidates will then have to apply for web counselling.
Before selecting a preferred college and course, one needs to register and generate a new password using their registration Number, Hall Ticket Number, Rank, Date of Birth as mentioned in the Certificate Verification.
- First, visit the official website of AP PGECET 2018.
- Candidates will have to choose the Web Option given on the page.
- It will open a new instruction window with all the relevant instructions. Candidates should carefully read the instructions and click the "I understand" button to proceed.
- After this, it can open a new window "option form" where candidates can submit AP PGECET hall ticket number, rank, mobile number and then submit them.
- The Option Form will then display the complete list of the colleges based on gender and specialization on the left side, while the right side of the form will be provided for sorting the list of colleges as per the preferences of candidates.
- On completing the preference list, click on “Save” button and enter the password sent through the SMS and click “Confirm”.
- The complete data will be sent to the server for processing and the final list will be displayed in a printed format.
- The registered option will be frozen automatically on the specified last date and will be used for seat allotment.
- One should make sure to take out a print and re-check the list.
Seat Allotment Process
AP PGECET 2018 Seat Allotment will be announced after completion of each round of AP PGECET counselling procedure.
- Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their order of preference.
- AP PGECET 2017 Seat allotment is done in the order of rank.
- The options selected by candidates will be processed and then the final AP PEGCET 2018 Seat allotment result will be announced.
- Once the web counselling is completed and the AP PEGCET 2018 Seat allotment results are released, they can not be altered under any circumstances.
- The final information regarding the allotment will be communicated to candidates through SMS.
- Candidates then must take out the print of the Provisional Allotment Order from the official website of AP PGECET and should report at the allotted college for performing the other admission related formalities.
AP PGECET Counselling Centres
Candidates can check the list of AP PGECET Counselling centres given below:
- SV University, old MBA Building, Tirupati
- Administrative Block, JNTUA, Anantapuram
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- University College of Engineering, JNTUK, Kakinada
- AU Online Counselling center, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- SRR & CVR Govt. College, Vijayawada.