Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University has started the offline counselling process of BVP CET 2018 for admission of candidates into its B.Tech courses. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list as prepared by the University on the basis of the marks obtained in the BVP CET examination have to participate in the counselling sessions and the on-spot admission session as per their rank. The counselling is taking place for admission in various courses and branches of the Institute.
Participation in the counselling process is mandatory for the applicants to be able to get admission in BVPU's undergraduate engineering programmes. Based on the entrance exam, counselling and document verification, candidates are allotted seats. There are about 700 B.Tech seats up for grabs at the University.
BVP CET 2018 was conducted on 27th May for B.Tech as per the schedule and the results were out for the same on 4th June.
BVP CET (Engineering) 2018 Counselling Schedule
|Candidates Called for Counselling
|Merit No. 1 to 500
||18th June, 2018
|Merit No. 500 to 1000
|Merit No.1001 to 1500
||19th June, 2018
|Merit No. 1501 to 2000
|Merit No. 2001 to 2500
||20th June, 2018
|Merit No. 2501 to 3000
|Merit No. 3001 to 3501
||21st June, 2018
Detailed Counselling Process after BVP CET 2018
Step 1 – BVP CET 2018 Counselling Call Letter is Issued to the Candidate
Post the declaration of BVP CET 2018 Result, the first 5000 candidates whose name appear in the merit list will be issued call letter for counselling by the admission authorities. Candidates will receive the call letters of BVP CET counselling 2018 on their registered email addresses. As per the specified date and time, candidates must report to the counselling venue along with the download counselling letter.
Step 2 – Candidate has to Report to the BVP CET Counselling Venue
After receiving the counselling letter, the qualified candidates must report at the BVP CET 2018 counselling venue on the scheduled date and time. If a candidate fails to do so, his/her candidature will be cancelled. For a candidate who is eligible for counselling but has not received any letter, he/she should remain present at the venue for the counselling process and for on the spot admission. However, the candidate should get some identity proof that indicates he/she appeared for the exam.
Step 3 – Filling of Choices
At the time of counselling, the choice of college and course should be filled by candidates as per their preference. They must also try and fill as many choices as possible in order to increase the probability of the desired course and college.
Step 4 – Seat Allotment
The qualified candidates will be allotted seats at Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University College of Engineering, Pune in order of their ranking in the merit list, choices filled during the counselling process and availability of course or college.
Step 5 – Document Verification
Once the seat allotment is done, candidates must produce any of the documents that are requested by the admission authority. A candidate's claim for the seat will be forfeited if he/she is unable to produce the requisite documents for verification. Candidates must two sets of photocopies of the documents along with the originals.
Documents Required for Verification:
- Counselling letter
- SSC certificate, school leaving certificate, nationality certificate for the proof of date of birth
- Certificate of the principal of the school for 11th and 12th studied in India.
- Xth class mark sheet
- XIIth class mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate from the last attended school/institution
- Migration Certificate
- Gap Certificate, for candidates who passed 12th in the year 2016
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Caste validity certificate by competent authority
- Medical fitness
- 6 passport size photograph with the name of the candidates on the backside.
- Demand Draft for paying the tuition fee.
- An affidavit as per the prescribed format must be signed by the candidate and their parent/guardian.
- Any other relevant document asked by the university
Important Instructions Regarding BVP CET 2018 Counselling
- Candidates who successfully pass BVP CET entrance 2018 and meet the cut-off are called for the offline counselling session.
- The physical presence of the candidate at the counselling is mandatory.
- The choice of course made by the candidate will be final and will not be altered later under any circumstances.
- Those who fail to make it to the counselling center due to unavoidable circumstances, they may authorise their family members to represent them.
- The representative must carry with him/her the letter of authorisation in the specified format and all the documents mentioned.
- Only one parent/guardian will be allowed to attend the BVP CET Counselling 2018 hall.
- All the required documents must be carried by the candidates with the demand draft for the payment of tuition fee. If any candidate fails to deposit any of the document, he/she will not be allowed admission to the University.
- The admission is granted to the candidates as per the availability of vacant seats.
- After the allotment of seats to the eligible candidates, the waitlisting numbers are given to the candidates who will report to the college.
- The waitlisted candidates will be granted admission on the basis of cancellation of admission by the candidates admitted through BVP CET 2018 Counselling.
- After the selection of the desired course, the entire fee must be remitted by the candidate at the time of counselling session itself. The candidate will lose the claim for admission if they fail to deposit the fees.