JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018
Accepted For : B.Tech
Exam Mode : Both Online & Offline
01 Dec, 2017
08 Apr, 2018
79 days to go
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
JEE Main exam is conducted in two separate papers and modes: Paper 1 is held for B.E./B. Tech. and Paper 2 is taken for B. Arch./B. Planning. Paper 1 is organised in online as well as offline mode whereas Paper 2 is held in offline mode only. JEE Main 2018 exam pattern includes details about, time duration to attempt the paper, mode of paper, medium of the exam, marking scheme, nature of the questions etc.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 for both Paper 1 & Paper 2:
|Papers||Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech):||Physics||30||120|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning):||Mathematics||30||120|
- JEE Main Duration:
- The exam duration will be 3 hours but it will be 4 hours for candidates with 40% disability
- Mode of Exams:
- The exam mode for paper 1 (Engineering) is online as well as offline. Paper 2 (Architecture) is conducted only in offline mode.
- Combination of Subjects:
- JEE Main Paper 1 will be divided into three parts - Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. JEE Main Paper 2, on the other hand, is divided into Part I: Mathematics, Part II: Aptitude Test & Part III: Drawing Test.
- Courses for Both Papers:
- While JEE Main 2018 Paper 1 will be organized for admission in undergraduate engineering courses, Paper 2 will be conducted for admission in architecture courses at institutions other than IITs.
- JEE Main Question Paper Language:
- The JEE Main question paper for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be in English and Hindi languages. However, for exam centers in Daman and Diu, Gujarat and Haveli, Dadra and Nagar, it will also be available in Gujarati.
- JEE Main Marking Scheme:
- In Paper I, candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer.
- In Part 1 and 2 of Paper 2, 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer while Part 3 having 2 questions from drawing section will carry 70 marks.
- For the incorrect answer, 1/4 mark per question will be deducted in Paper 1 and also both parts of 1 and 2 of JEE Main paper 2.
- JEE Main Total No. of Questions:
- All the questions in the exam will be objective type.
- Paper 1 will have a total of 90 objective type questions and Paper 2 will have 82 questions.
- Each part of Paper 1 has 30 questions, but Paper 2 will have different questions in each section.
1. Is it possible for candidates to change the exam mode if they wish?
Candidates can change their exam mode. However, the mode of examination can be changed from the pen and paper based mode to the computer-based mode of examination only.
2. Is computer-based examination for B.E. and B.Tech only?
Yes, the computer-based examination is for B.E. and B.Tech only.
3. Is there any option available that the Hindi Medium paper comes in both the languages?
Yes, Hindi medium paper will be bilingual in English and Hindi medium.
4. What is the number of permissible attempts to appear for JEE Main?
The permissible number of attempts is limited to three.
5. If a candidate wants to opt for both B.E./B.Tech and B.Planning/B.Arch from the city of the computer-based exam, then how will a candidate appear for B.Arch/B Planning exam?
His/Her B.E./B.Tech exam will be conducted in computer-based exam mode and B.Planning/B.Architecture offline mode in the same city.
7. Can I use the calculator for calculations in the JEE-Main exam?
Use of electronic devices like mobile phone, calculator, iPod, etc. is NOT PERMITTED in JEE (Main). Also materials like log table, book, notebook, etc. should NOT be brought into the examination hall.