- In the initial preparation days, it is important to focus on all the subjects. Candidates must try and finish all the topics atleast a month before the exam. Thereafter, they should not touch new topics or comfortable areas.
- Once the entire syllabus is covered, the candidates must analyse their strong and weak areas as this will make it easier for them to find out the areas that they need to focus on. One of the best ways to identify the weak and strong areas is to take mock tests.
- Since IBS is a computer-based test, appearing for maximum number of online mock tests will provide a similar environment as that of the exam, and hence will prepare the candidates for actual exam day.
- While taking the exam, the chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
- Going through the IBSAT previous year’s question papers is another great way of understanding the structure of the exam. Also, one should try solving them within the 120 minutes and analyse the answers after completing the paper.
- While solving qurestions in the mock tests, candidates should keep a check on the speed. Time management is very important as the candidates will get only a minute for each question. To improve in this part, one should solve sample papers and appear for mock tests.
- Candidates should try reading newspapers, magazines, novels, books, journals, etc. for a better hold over vocabulary.
- Aspirants should also focus on basic grammar rules learnt during school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have similar syllabus. They should ideally do a lot of reading from various sources.
In a nutshell, practicing past years' question papers as well as taking Mock Tests is perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides an opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of entrance exam. One should try and not lose confidence or get nervous while solving the paper. The focus should be to read the questions carefully, understand them completely and then solve them.