Ask a question at the CollegeDekho Q&A Zone

Ask all your queries related to higher education and get them resolved by our experts

After completing a UG law degree from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai is there any problem in getting license of practise as advocate(सनद)?

- prasad pilaneUpdated On August 21, 2020 08:04 PM

Dear Student,

After completing a UG level from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai you can get a license of practice as an advocate by following the two steps mentioned underneath.

First Step is to get enrolled with the state State Bar Council of whichever state you are in as each state consists of its own Bar Council. After enrolling for the same you can temporarily practice as an advocate for a two years period in High Court or District Court.

Second Step after enrolling with the State Bar Council is to appear for All India Bar Exam (AIBE) conducted by BCI. After passing the qualifying exam AIBE, one acquires a Certificate of Practice as a permanent lawyer.

If you practice legal outsourcing in private companies, the certification or license is not required. 

In order to be an advocate, it is highly recommended to practice law from top-notch law colleges such as Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University, Navi Mumbai, Sai Nath University (SNU), Ranchi, Guru Kashi University (GKU), Bathinda, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun and Rai University, Ahmedabad.

Check the entire list of LLB colleges in India for admission purposes. To secure admission in any of the desired law colleges, dial 1800-572-9877 (toll-free) or fill the Common Application Form. Our admission experts will get in touch with you and will walk you through the entire process. For more questions, write in the QnA zone.

Thank You

- Samiksha RautelaAnswered on August 21, 2020 08:04 PM
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0