Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Appearing for UPCET M.Des 2021? The Uttar Pradesh Common Entrance Test (UPCET) was initially held as UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination) for admission to several courses of UG and PG level. The M.Des syllabus of UPCET is entirely based on the syllabus of CEED 2021. Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh (formerly Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow) will conduct UPCET 2021 for the admission process of colleges affiliated to APJAKTU.
|Also Read:UPSEE Renamed as UPCET by NTA; Important Dates Released|
UPCET 2021 will be conducted by the Central Admission Board (CAB) under the chairmanship of the Vice-Chancellor of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. Along with M.Des, UPCET is held also for M.Tech, M.Pharm, M.Arch and MURP admissions.
Candidates with a valid CEED score will be admitted on a preferential basis. However, those who did not appear for CEED 2021, must take UPCET 2021. UPCET will be conducted in offline mode in OMR pattern at various centres across India. CollegeDekho will run you through the syllabus of UPCET M.Des 2021, knowledge of which plays a crucial role in effective preparation for the same.
UPCET M.Des 2021 Syllabus
Have you already started preparing for UPCET 2021? If yes, keeping the syllabus of UPCET M.Des in mind while making a preparation plan always bodes well. For candidates who have not yet started their preparation, make a strategy only according to the syllabus given below:
UPCET 2021 will comprise two parts. UPCET Part A will have questions based on the following topics:
Visualization and Spatial Ability
This section will include pictorial and diagrammatic questions which shall evaluate:
- The candidate’s understanding the spatial relationships of 2D and 3D objects and shapes
- The candidate’s understanding of the transformation and/or manipulation of the 2D and 3D shapes and objects
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
This section of questions will be based on:
- The ability of candidates to analyse given information logically and select the nearest solutions.
- The candidate’s ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- The ability of the candidate to use logic and structured thinking to deduce the correct answer from a short passage from a number of statements will also be evaluated.
Environmental and Social Awareness:
This will include questions based on:
- General awareness of environmental factors like population, climate, vegetation, pollution, weather, water, natural resources and so on.
- Their implications on the design of images, products, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of design terminologies.
- Cultural and social connection with the history of the designed artefact, design, environmentally sustainable and socially responsible design ideas.
- History of sculpture, art and literature.
Language and Creativity
Here, the ability of the candidate to do the following will be looked at:
- Comprehending passages in commonly used English language.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives.
- Ability to differentiate between innovative options of design and thinking out of the box.
Observation and Design Sensitivity
Questions under this section will be based on :
- Evaluating the candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in everyday situations and daily life and think critically accordingly regarding the same.
- Similarly, the ability of the candidate to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes will also be assessed.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving
Questions in this section will evaluate the following
- The candidate’s ability to understand the context, the constraints, the users and select the most appropriate solution for a given question of design.
Part B of UPCET 2021 will have questions with relation to the following topics:
Creativity: Questions here will be based on looking at the ability of the candidate to think out of the box and introduce some unique as well as diverse answers or solutions to the questions.
Drawing Ability: Evaluating the candidate’s drawing skills and their ability to draw products, people or scenes in accordance or proportion with good line composition, proportion, perspective shading and quality.
Problem Identification Skills: It also includes questions on understanding the user and the context, their appropriate use in design and knowledge of properties of materials, etc.
Communication skills: This section also asks questions to evaluate the candidate’s ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of visuals and texts.
UPCET M.Des 2021 Important Dates
UPCET 2021 official notification and important dates will be announced soon. They will be updated below as soon as they are released.
Application Process for UPCET 2021 Starts on
March 26, 2021
Application Process for UPCET 2021 Ends on
|Last Date to Pay UPCET 2021 Application Fee|
Correction of Application form
To be Announced
Availability of UPCET 2021 Admit Cards
To be Announced
Date of UPCET 2021 exam
UPCET 2021 Result Declaration Date
To be Announced
Counselling Begins in
To be Announced
UPCET M.Des 2021 Exam Pattern
The detailed UPCET M.Des 2021 exam pattern can be checked below -
Mode of UPCET M.Des 2021
Online & Offline (Computer-Based and Pen-Paper Based)
UPCET M.Des 2021 Language
UPCET M.Des 2021 Sections
Part A & Part B
Duration of UPCET M.Des 2021
Three Hours (3 Hours)
Duration of UPCET M.Des Part A 2021
Duration of UPCET M.Des Part B 2021
Negative marking is applicable for only Part A of UPCET M.Des
UPCET M.Des Exam Pattern for Part A
- Part A will be conducted in a computer-based format.
- The total duration of Part A will be for one hour.
- Part A has multiple type questions (MCQs), which are divided into three sections.
- 2 marks will be given for every correct response.
- There is negative marking of 0.6 marks in UPCET Part A's first and third section. However, there is no negative marking in the second section.
UPCET M.Des Exam Pattern for Part B
- Part B section will be held in a pen-paper based format.
- The total duration of Part B will be two hours.
- Candidate’s overall skills in designing will be looked at in this particular section.
- Answer books will be provided to the candidates at the exam hall, wherein they have to write their answers and give the test booklet back to the examiner.
Best Books for UPCET M.Des 2021
To help you prepare in the best and most effective way, we have also provided a list of best books or study material for UPCET M.Des Preparation:
McGraw Hill Education
Popular Master Guide NIFT by R. Gupta
NIFT Entrance Examination (Guide) by D Mittal
NIFT Exam Guide by Dr. R. P. Datason
NIFT Exam Guide by Verma
Arihant NIFT Entrance Exam Self Study Guide
NIFT Entrance Exams: Ultimate Success Series By Surendra
NIFT Entrance Exam - Self Study Guide
Concepts of Pattern Grading
Bright Careers Guide NIFT Entrance Exam
This is all regarding UPCET M.Des syllabus. Make sure that you have a clear idea of the syllabus before you begin with the preparation. Although UPCET M.Des involves a wide range of topics, it is significant to note that candidates with flair for creativity and innovation will certainly excel.
Candidates must focus on 3D drawing along with focusing on thinking out of the box while attempting any question. Well, hope the article helps you with UPCET M.Des admission to 2021-22 session.
All the best for UPCET M.Des 2021. Stay tuned for more updates on Design Admissions 2021 and other education-related news and articles.