Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The UPCET (UPSEE) or Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance examination held for admission to the colleges affiliated to AKTU, which is commonly known as Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. UPCET, which was earlier known as UPSEE is organised every year to provide admission to various professional programmes like B.Des, B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm, etc. AKTU has released an official notification regarding the syllabus of the UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des Exam. The UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des exam 2022 exam is expected to be held in May 2022. The exam schedule is yet to be released.
The B.Des UPCET syllabus comprises five sections and all the questions are objective-type. After applying for the UPCET B.Des 2022, candidates are required to pick up the apt books and practice consistently by solving numerous sample papers and previous year’s questions of UPCET (UPSEE) 2022. CollegeDekho brings together all the essential information regarding the UPCET B.Des syllabus that a candidate should be aware of before sitting for the exam preparation.
UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des 2022 Highlights
Captured below are the significant features of the UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des exam. Candidates appearing for the B.Des UPCET must note down the information given below.
Name of the Exam
Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test
Acronym of the Exam
|Earlier Known as|
UPSEE (Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam)
National Testing Agency
Mode of Registration
Mode of UPSEE B.Des
UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des 2022 Important Dates
The official dates and the upcoming exam schedule for the UPCET B.Des exam have not been released yet. Aspirants can find the tentative dates for B.Des UPCET 2022 here.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Application Process Begins
Application Process Ends
Application Form Correction
Release of Admit Cards
June/ July 2022
UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des Exam Pattern 2022
The exam pattern of UPCET B.Des 2022 has been captured below:
Type of Questions
Total Number of Questions
Questions per Section
Marks per Section
Marks per Correct Answer
No Negative Marking
Also Read: Best Design Colleges Apart from NID & NIFT
UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des Important Topics 2022
Part A of the UPCET B.Des exam will be conducted in an objective type mode. Part B is designed to evaluate the students as per their design aptitude. The exam comprises vivid subjects. Displayed below in a tabulated form is the syllabus of UPCET B.Des that candidates preparing for the examination need to cover.
Section A- Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Section B- Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Section C- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Section D- English Language
Section E- Design
Detailed UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des 2022 Syllabus
The detailed topic-wise UPCET B.Des syllabus is chalked out below. An aspirant must make a preparation plan and must cover all the topics before appearing for the B.Des UPCET final exam.
For Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude
Provided below are the topics that are a part of the Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude section of UPCET B.Des 2022:
- The numerical calculation
- Simple algebra
- Arithmetical questions up to class 10th
- Questions related to the common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Data/ Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Health & Nutrition
For Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Questions in the section B or Reasoning and Logical Deduction may arise from the topics provided below:
- Unfamiliar Relationships
- Finding patterns Trends
- Selection of Related Letters / Words / Numbers / Figures
- Assessment of figures & diagrams.
- Geometrical Designs & Identification
- Identification of odd thing/ item out from a group
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
- Completion of numerical series based on the pattern /logic
- Syllogisms (logic-based questions)
- Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
For General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Questions in the Section C of the UPCET 2022 B.Des exam are designed to test the knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture and science etc. Here are some of the crucial areas that require focus:
- Current affairs / Recent Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
- Historical events
- Latest Who's Who?
- Current affairs relating to Business & Trade
- Geography including Tourist Places/Spots
- Countries and their Currencies
- Sports and Games
For English Language
The topics that a candidate must ace to get a good score in this section are as follows:
- Vocabulary and uncommon words
- Word Meanings
- Complete / Improvement of the sentences with the correct usage of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Meaning of Phrases and Idioms
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading comprehensions
For Design Aptitude
Aspirants need to be ultra creative and unique to catch the eye of the examiner for the Design Aptitude section. Mentioned below are the areas where an individual needs to focus to ace the section.
- Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to measure the understanding of transformation and/ or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
- Knowledge of practical, everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
- Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting.
- Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them.
- Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des Best Books 2022
To prepare for UPCET B.Des, candidates must pick up the best and latest books for the entrance exam. Enlisted below are books that an aspirant must opt for UPSEE B.Des preparation.
Class XI and XII UP Board Mathematics Textbook
Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
15 Years Solved Papers UPTU UPSEE by Arihant Expert
General Knowledge by Arihant
How To Prepare for Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
Popular Master Guide NIFT by R. Gupta
30 Days To More Powerful Vocabulary by Norman Lewis
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant
Objective General Knowledge by Lucent
Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
All About UPCET (UPSEE) B.Des 2022
Here are all the important information about the UPCET 2022 B.Des exam:
|Seat Allotment Process of UPCET B.Des|
For qualifying in the UPCET B.Des exam, a candidate must be well prepared and well practised. A candidate with a creative bend of mind, logical thinking and the out of the box approach has high chances of scoring well in the B.Des UPCET exam. In case of any queries, write to us in the QnA zone.
CollegeDekho wishes you All the Best!