MICAT Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for MICAT, candidates should definitely check MICAT eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria of MICAT includes age limit, educational qualification, and other requirements that you must fulfill to take the entrance exam.
Every year, MICA Ahmedabad conducts this entrance test to offer admission to deserving candidates in its Post Graduate Diploma Management in Communications (PGDM-C). The conducting authority has not set any age limit to apply for MICAT 2018, but a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline is a must for the candidates willing to apply for the exam.
Candidates who wish to appear for MICAT must fulfill the eligibility criteria described below :
- Candidates should have passed their Bachelor’s degree ( with the 10+2+3 system) or any equivalent examination in any subject, which is recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIUs).
- Candidates who are in their final year can also apply. However, they must submit the proof of graduation completion within the specified time period.
- In order to complete the MICAT Eligibility Criteria, candidates should have taken any one of the three management entrance examinations: CAT (Common Admission Test 2016), XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test 2017) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test 2016 onwards)
- Foreign candidates are also eligible to apply. However, they must keep a foreign passport and have a GMAT score of 600+.
- Non-Resident Indians can apply with GMAT scores (2016 onwards).
1. What is the minimum qualification for appearing in MICAT examination?
The minimum qualification for appearing in MICAT examination is Bachelor Degree with 50% marks.
2. Is there any age limit for appearing in MICAT examination?
There is no age limit for appearing in MICAT examination.
3.Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test vNo,?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile to the exam hall.
4. Can a candidate in the final year of degree apply to the programme?
Yes, he/she can apply with his/her marks sheets of the completed years of his/her degree course. However, they must submit the proof of graduation completion within the specified time period.
5. Is there any weightage given to work experience for admission to PGDM-C?
Everything else being equal, MICA prefers the incumbent candidates to have relevant work experience.
6. Does MICA award a degree or diploma?
MICA awards a diploma called PGDM-C which is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is deemed equivalent to an MBA by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
7. I am in the final year of my graduation, what percentage should I fill in the form?
Please enter the aggregate percentage of marks obtained until the time of filling the form.
8. I have done 5 years integrated course, so how will I enter my percentage?
Candidates who have done 5 years integrated course can fill up the same percentage as Graduation and PG.
9. Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc. for MICAT?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in the examination hall/room.
10. Are there any breaks during the test?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.