COMEDK UGET-2018 Registration & Eligibility
Accepted For : B.Tech
Exam Mode : Online
16 Jan, 2018
13 May, 2018
112 days to go
COMEDK UGET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
COMEDK eligibility criteria provide details about some academic and age-related norms that a candidate must satisfy in order to become eligible to take the exam. These norms have been published by Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK), organising body of the examination. Eligibility for COMEDK is different for Engineering and Agriculture programmes. The candidates must fulfill the following criteria before filling the COMEDK Application Form.
- The basic qualification for taking the exam is that one should have passed Class 12th.
- It is compulsory to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects in Class 12th.
- Candidates should have all the necessary documents, including as proof of their category.
- For B.Arch programmes, NATA score will be taken into consideration.
Eligibility Norms for Engineering Programmes
- The qualifying examinations for admission to B.E. programme is 10+2 Higher Secondary or any equivalent examination recognised by Central or State-Government.
- During the last 2 years of schooling, the candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics along with English as a compulsory subject.
- For the General category candidates, 45% is the minimum passing marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 40% for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
- Apart from this, candidates must pass these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are mandatory subjects along with Chemistry or Bio-Technology or Biology or Computer Science or Electronics as one of the optional subjects.
- If a candidate wants to be listed on the rank card, then he/she should try an attempt the COMEDK exam as that will be enough to ensure his/her entry into the rank list.
- The diploma holders are not eligible to take the exam, as lateral entry admissions are not considered.
Eligibility Norms for Architecture Programmes
- In order to get admission in B.Arch programme, the qualifying examination course is 10+2 Higher Secondary or any equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects.
- A 10+3 Diploma accredited by Central/State Government will also be considered valid for admission. In this scenario, a General category candidate should have obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate and 45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka.
- Candidates should have appeared in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) organised by the Council of Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of 200 marks. This rule applies to both general merit and category candidates.
- A separate application form needs to be submitted by candidates seeking admission into the B.Arch programme.
Note: The changes, if any, introduced by Medical Council of India (MCI), Dental Council of India (DCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Vellore Technical University (VTU), Council of Architecture (COA) or any other competent Regulatory Authorities shall be adopted as it is.