The application process for CLAT 2019 will begin in the 1st week of January 2019. The application forms will be available online on the official website of CLAT 2019 exam. CLAT is conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes. The CLAT 2019 application forms will be released on 1st January 2019 (tentatively) and the process of application will end in the month of March 2019. But do check CLAT Eligibility Criteria before you begin with the CLAT application process.
CLAT 2019 Application Fees:
- The application fees for General/OBC/SAP and other category is INR 4000.
- For SC/ST category candidates, the application fee is INR 3500.
Steps to Fill CLAT 2019 Application Form:
CLAT Online Application Processing System (CAPS)
CLAT application forms are filled through CLAT online Application Processing System (CAPS).
Step 1: CAPS Registration
- The candidate has to click on 'Register Yourself' tab.
- Applicant has to fill his/her name as mentioned in the ID Proof.
- The candidate must write Parent's name and his/her Birth Date carefully.
- The candidate has to fill details related to his/her personal e-mail address, so that all the updates regarding CLAT 2019 may be sent to the same.
- Candidate must mention his/her personal mobile number because most of the updates may also be sent through SMS.
- After successful registration, an e-mail having CAPS User ID and Password will be sent to the mobile number and e-mail address provided by the candidate.
Step-2: Fill the Application Form
Next, the candidate has to login using the provided User ID and Password.
- Candidate has to upload his/her Personal information like Name, Parent’s name, Parent’s mobile number, Birth Date, Personal Mobile number, etc.)
- Candidate’s Personal and correspondence Address (including PIN code).
- Examination Centre
Step-3: Upload Signature and Photograph
- Photograph: Candidate has to upload his/her scanned photocopy of the Front facing recent passport size photograph.
- Signature: Candidate has to upload his/her scanned photocopy of Signature.
- The specification for the Signature and Photograph are given below:
Specification for Signature and Photograph:
- The photograph should be in colour and must have been taken in a professional studio.
- The photograph has to be in JPEG format with standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width × Height).
- File size should be less than or equal to 100 KB.
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG: 480 x 640 (100 KB).
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG: 240 x 320.
- The photograph should have a white or very light background.
- The photograph must not be older than September 2017.
- In the photograph, the length of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should cover up to 50% of the length of the photograph.
- The candidate's photograph with glare on glasses or with spectacles will not be acceptable.
- Design a rectangular box having a size of 7 cm × 2 cm (Width x Height) on an A4 sheet paper. The signature has to be in black or dark blue ink pen in the required box.
- Signature's digital image must be scanned by a professional using a scanner.
- The scanned photograph must have:
- Height - 120 pixels
- Size - 100 KB
- Width - 420 pixels
- Pixel resolutions for scanned signature image:
- Maximum - 560 × 160
- Minimum - 280 × 80
- Signature images taken from the mobile phone or from digital cameras are not allowed.
Step-4: Payment Gateway for CLAT 2019
- The application fees for CLAT 2019 for unreserved/OBC/SAP or any other category is Rs. 4000/- and Rs. 3,500/- for SC/ST category.
- Candidate can make the payment online via debit/credit cards/net-banking or other payment options.
- Additional bank charges may apply to the transaction if a candidate chooses to remit fee through net-banking payment options.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
Step-5: Downloading the Application Form
- After completing the application online payment, the candidate will able to download the application form with the detail of fee payment in PDF format.
- Candidate must save a printout for further use.
- No printout of CLAT application form is needed to be sent to CLAT Office.
- If the data in the application form of a candidate is found false or does not meet the mentioned eligibility criteria, his/her application will be cancelled by the conducting Institute.
- The original educational documents must be submitted to the university by the candidate at the time of admissions.
- The photocopies of the documents must be self-attested.
- Scanned photocopies of the certificate of impairment in a PDF format for Specially Abled Persons (SAP).
- The documents/certificates are mandatory for admission to both UG and PG courses.