KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) (KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) - 2016)
Oct 10, 2015
Apr 01, 2016
Apr 24, 2016
May 15, 2016
KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) Counselling FAQ
1) Is there any provision for reservation of seats in KIITEE ?
Yes, the allocation of reserved seats is as follows:
Reservation Category :-
- Scheduled Caste (SC) :- 15% Seats
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) :- 7.5% Seats
- Physically Challenged (PC) :- 3% Seats.
2) What are the documents I need to carry at the time of counselling?
List of documents required to be carried at counselling centre:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- 10th Pass Certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and Pass Certificate
- Graduation Mark sheet and Pass Certificate (for PG Aspirants)
- Diploma Pass Certificate and three years Mark Sheet (for Lateral Entry Candidates)
- Relevant Certificate of Reservation Criteria (for reserved category students)
- School/College Leaving Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 75,000/- which includes the counselling registration fees of Rs.10, 000 (Non Refundable) in favour of KIIT, payable at Bhubaneswar.
3) Is the University NAAC accredited?
KIIT University, formerly Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Odisha. The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Medicine, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status (under the section 3 of UGC act 1956) in India and then the university status in 2004.
4) For which colleges and programs is the KIITEE M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) required for admissions?
The KIIT School Of Biotechnology, (KSBT), is the biotechnology wing of KIIT University. It is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
5) What about Placement facilities in School of Biotechnology (KIIT University)?
KSBT has a very active training & placement cell looking after mentoring of students and enabling them to plan for their future career. A team consisting of a full time coordinator, faculties, student representatives drive this vibrant cell. This team provides exposure to the students on wide array of jobs available in the sector of Biotechnology and allied areas in industries, institutions and organizations in India and abroad
On campus and off campus respective companies conduct interviews for selected candidates. Several leading Biotech Companies, pharmaceutical companies, bioinformatics firms, bioprocess corporations, Food & Beverages industries, clinical research etc are some of the fields where students are selected according to their interest and abilities. Students are regularly informed of any on or off campus interview by email so that students can willingly apply for desired jobs.
6) Do all students get hostel facilities?
All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls with round-the-clock wireless internet and intranet connectivity.
About 30% of the hostel rooms are air conditioned. All the hostels have attached canteens serving good quality
Indian and Continental foods. A dedicated international hostel accommodates foreign students. Each hostel has
24-hour reading room and facility for indoor and outdoor games.
7) What is the intake capacity of KIIT University?
30 seats are filled up every year in the First year of M.Sc.(Biotechnology) & M.Sc.(Applied Microbiology) Course.
8) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
9) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place