Feb 24, 2017
Apr 08, 2017
Apr 23, 2017
May 30, 2017
How to Prepare for UPSEE 2017
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
UPSEE 2017 Important Instructions
- Admit card will be available online on the official website to every candidate.Downloaded admit card shall be treated as valid admit card.
- The candidates are advised to check the details of admit cards with regards to their category, sub-category, gender, rural weightage, Name, Father's Name etc. as mentioned on the Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination without admit card.
- If any candidate is unable to download his/her admit card, he/she should contact the helpline as indicated on the official website or send an email to the mail address the helpdesk.
- A plea that a candidate failed to receive the information for appearing at the Examination will not be accepted as a ground for the refund of fee or any other redressal. UPSEE may withdraw the permission to appear in UPSEE granted by mistake to a candidate who is not eligible to appear at the UPSEE even if an Admit Card has been issued and produced by the candidate before the concerned Centre Superintendent at the Examination Centre.
- In case of any reported correction, the final corrected admit card will have to be downloaded from website or (http://www.aktu.ac.in) before the examination date.
- Since successful candidates are required to produce the Admit Card at the time of counselling and admission, it should be carefully preserved until the admission process is completed.
1) What is UPSEE Examination? It is conducted by whom ?
UPSEE is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam conducted by UPTU. UP State Entrance Exam (UPSEE) is being held for admission to engineering, architecture, pharmacy, management and other courses. Uttar Pradesh technical university state Entrance examination (UPSEE) and these examinations are conducted in the field of Engineering (B.tech), Pharmacy, architecture, hotel management, Fashion and apparel designing technology, and also for various post graduate courses such as MCA/ MBA in various government, Aided, and private unaided institutions affiliated to UP technical university.
2) What are the important precautions that should be taken while filling On-Line Application Form?
(i)The applicant is supposed to fill up the form very carefully. It is advised that before filling the form, one should read the Information Brochure thoroughly.
(ii)Note down the APPLICATION FORM NUMBER displayed on the screen after Step 1.
(iii)Please do remember the PASSWORD chosen by you.
(iv)Give your Personal MOBILE PHONE NUMBER only.
(v)Take Print-out of CONFIRMATION PAGE.
3) What are the other ways of filling the UPSEE Form other than On-Line Application through Internet ?
On-Line Application is the only way for applying to UPSEE through website http://www.upsee.nic.in. There is no other way of applying to UPSEE.
4) What should Where are UPES courses offered? The University courses are offered at Dehradun (Uttarakhand) . I do if size of image of my photograph exceeds maximum limit of 100 KB?
Refer to Brochure and see if your images are within maximum size limit and in proper format (JPEG). You may try reducing resolution a little bit but not much if size exceeds maximum limit.
5) Do I have to send the Confirmation Page to the University ?
No. The candidate is NOT required to send the copy of Confirmation Page or any other document to the University at this stage. Although, candidate is required to keep preserved at least one copy of the Confirmation Page for record and future communication.
6) What enclosures should I attach with confirmation page while sending to the University?
Confirmation Page is NOT required to be sent to the University.
7) I have lost my “Confirmation Page”. What should I do ?
You can take fresh print out of the confirmation page through your Login using Your APPLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD at the website http://www.upsee.nic.in.
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of April. This year, the entrance test is being conducted on last week of April.
9) How should I get my Admit Card ?
The admit card can be downloaded from the website http://www.upsee.nic.in through link “Download Admit Card”. Link will become active after 8 th April on the website.
10) Should I submit Color photograph or Black & white.
Candidate is required to submit/ upload Color photograph as per specification given in the Brochure.
11) I have submitted photograph which does not bear my name on the lower side of the photgraph and I have made final submission of the form. Can I change my photograoph ?
No, you cannot change. Candidate has been given opportunity to review and correct information as many times as he wants before finally submitting it. Once application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed.
12) I am unable to fill up the On Line Application Form, what should I do ?
In case you are facing problem in filling the application form online, you should contact to Helpline at toll free Number 1800-180-0161.
13) I have submitted my application form. I want to make some corrections in the form after Final Submission. Can I correct my application form?
Candidate has been given opportunity to review the form and correct information including photograph as many times as he want before finally submitting it. Once application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed. Although, the candidates will get a chance to modify some selected entries of the Application Form between March 28 to March 30.
14) I belong to General Category but I have chosen reserved category during form submission by mistake and have made final submission of the form. Can I correct my application form?
Candidate has been given opportunity to review the form and correct information as many times as he want before finally submitting it. Once application is finally submitted, it cannot be changed.
15) I was filling up the On-Line Application Form. During the filling, the browser window was suddenly closed by mistake. Now I am unable to login to the website. What should I do?
Please clear the Browsing History of your Browser and then Re-Login using your credential APPLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD.
16) I have forgotten my PASSWORD. What should I do ?
Please go to the website and follow the link “Forgot Password” at the Login page. Proceed using either option A: Using Security Question & its Answer you chosen during Form filling or Option B: Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile Number. After providing certain personal information, you shall be able to set New Password.
17) I have forgotten my APPLICATION NUMBER. What should I do ?
Please follow the link “Forgot Application No.” on the Login Page. Your Application Number will be sent on your registered Mobile Number.
18) Do I need to complete entire process of Application filling and submission in one go ?
Not necessary. After Completion of One Step, you may Log Out and next Step of application process can be completed at different time by using your login credentials APLLICATION NUMBER and PASSWORD.
19) What is the mode of conduction of UPSEE Examination ?
Online or Computer based examination.
20) What will be the medium of Online UPSEE examination ?
Medium of examination is English.
21) What are the various Eligibility Norms of UPSEE Programme ?
For admission to first year of MBA in any institution affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow, a candidate must have passed Bachelors degree course of three years minimum duration from any recognized Indian University; or its equivalent, recognized by A.I.U securing minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate.
22) What is Exam Pattern for UPSEE ?
- The test was held in Online format.
- There were 100 objective type questions in the paper carrying a total of 400 marks.
- The candidates were given 2 hours only to attempt these questions.
- There will be four sections in the exam:
- Part A: Test of proficiency in English Language
- Part B: Test of Numerical Aptitude
- Part C: Test of Speed and Accuracy of Thinking and decisions making
- Part D: Knowledge of current affairs
- The candidates can refer to the table below for having more clarity about the test pattern:-
Thinking and Decision Making
Total Duration:- 2 hours
23) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no Negative Marking.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
26) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
27) Is there any special arrangement for Persons with Disability for Jindal Global Business Admission Test (JAT) ?
Yes. Need based assistance shall be provided to the PWD candidates.
28) None of my parents (neither Father nor Mother) is domicile of UP. Am I eligible to appear in UPSEE ?
A. If you have passed qualifying examination from UP then you are eligible as UPGE candidates (Clause 8.1 of Information Brochure).
B. (i)If you have passed qualifying examination from outside UP then you may apply in UPSEE in one of the following TWO ways.
If you belong to GDDA category and you are able to produce Certificate No. 11 given in appendix-D of the Information Brochure [ie. Father/Mother of the Candidate is employee of UP Cadre of All India Service. GDDA Candidates are treated equivalent to UPGD Category candidates for all benefits.
29) I have passed qualifying examination from outside UP. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
No. Rural Weightage is admissible only to those candidates who have passed qualifying examination from UP.
30) I belong to UPGE category. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
Yes. If you have passed qualifying examination from rural area of UP.
31) I have claimed reservation category in my application. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weightage is NOT admissible with reservation category.
32) I am diploma holder. I wish to apply for lateral entry seats. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weightage is admissible for admission on First year seats. It is not admissible for lateral entry admission. Rural weightage is admissible with UPGE category candidates only .
33) I am a graduate. I wish to apply for MBA/MCA/MAM courses. Am I eligible to claim Rural Weightage ?
NO. Rural weight age is NOT admissible for admission in PG courses such as MBA/MCA/MAM courses.
34) When are UPSEE Results Out ?
Results will be available on the website last week of May.
35) When will I get the Score card ?
The candidates will receive the score card after one month of the test.
36) For how long is the UPSEE score valid ?
The UPSEE score is valid for just one year.
37) Will the results be available online ?
Yes, on UPSEE University website :- (http://upsee.nic.in).
38) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges ?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
39) Is UPSEE result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
40) I don’t have rank card, but I remember my Roll no & Rank. What should I do now ?
Download your rank card fromthe official web page i.e http://upsee.nic.in In case of any difficulty Contact DV & CC Center In- charge.
41) charge. Is it possible to lock seat choices as per my Merit/ Rank ?
Yes. You will get an opportunity to lock any seat as per your merit/rank during seat choice locking process.
42) Is it necessary to carry original mark sheet of Qualifying examination or marks will be verified from photocopy of mark-sheet ?
No. It’s necessary to carry original mark sheet of qualifying examination. Marks will be verified from the original mark sheet only. You must produce original mark sheet at the time og document verification.
43) Is it possible to appear in counselling without qualifying the UPSEE ?
No. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the further processes.
44) What are the documents do I need to carry at the time of counselling ?
a) Original Certificates of Qualifying Examination
c) Rural Weightage Certificate
d) Domicile and Category/ Reservation Certificates etc