May 08, 2016
May 15, 2016
May 29, 2016
How to Prepare for BVP CET B.Tech 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, I t is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
BVP CET B.Tech FAQ
1) What is BVP CET?
BVP CET is Bharti Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Exam for candidates seeking admission to the engineering courses at the University. The candidate has to take the exam in order to take admission to Bachelor of Technology programmes in various departments offered by Bharti Vidyapeeth University.
2) Who organizes BVP CET?
BVP CET is an all India level entrance exam organized by Bharti Vidyapeeth University located at Pune.
3) Where are the campuses of Bharti Vidyapeeth University located?
The campuses of Bharti Vidyapeeth University are located at Pune, Navi Mumbai, Kolhapur, Solapur, Sangli , Karad and one at Dubai.
4) When are the application forms for BVP CET ( B.Tech) issued?
The application forms of BVP CET are issued mostly in the month of May.
5) What is the procedure to obtain the application form of BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
The application form may be obtained at the university office. Online application form may be obtained at the official website . At the office counter, the application forms may be obtained on cash payment. The application form may also be obtained by post from the following addresses:
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan, 2nd Floor, Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg. Pune – 411030
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Dental College & Hospital, Sector 7, C.B.D., Belpada, Navi Mumbai – 400614
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Institute of Management and Research, A-4, Rohtak Road, Opp. Ordance Depot, Paschim Vihar Extention, New Delhi-110063
- The Demand Draft may be sent in the name of The Registrar, Bharti Vidyapeeth Deemed University, payable at Pune. The details like name of the candidate, name of the entrance exam and the contact details of the candidate should be mentioned at the back of the DD.
6) What is the medium of BVP CET( B.Tech) exam?
The BVP CET exam is conducted in English only.
7) What is the cost of application form of BVP CET( B.Tech)?
The application fee of BVP CET is approx Rs. 1500/-.
8) When is the last date of submission of application form of BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
The last date for online or offline submission of application form of BVP CET is mostly in the last week of Mayl.
9) When is the BVP CET ( B.Tech) conducted?
The BVP CET is generally conducted in the month of May every year.
10) How to obtain the admit card of the exam?
The admit card may be obtained from the official website of the university.
11) Is the exam BVP CET ( B.Tech) a state level exam?
No, BVP CET ( B.Tech) is an all India level entrance examination that is conducted by Bharti Vidyapeeth University.
12) What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
- Candidates are required to have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (H.S.C) or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE) or any other equivalent examination of any recognised Board/University from any school/college situated in India, will be considered eligible.
- Applicants are required to have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects along with Biotechnology/Chemistry/Biology/Technical as one of the optional subjects.
- Open category candidates need to have secured 45% aggregate marks in 10+2 examination, while reserved category students need to have obtained 40% aggregate marks.
- Applicants likely to appear or have appeared for qualifying examination i. e. H.S.C. etc. but their results have not been declared are also eligible to appear for BVP CET 2016, provided they have offered the above mentioned subjects at the said examinations. However, such applicants are required to produce marksheet of HSC at the time of counselling.
13) What is the age limit for appearing in BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
The candidate must have attained a minimum age of 17 years and should not be more than 25 years of age.
14) What is the syllabus of BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
The question paper of BVPEEE is based on the syllabus of 11th and 12th class board exams and the preparation may be done according to the books prescribed by the respective board exams of the candidate.
15) What is the paper pattern of BVP CET ( B.Tech)?
- BVP CET ( B.Tech)paper consists of questions from Mathematics and Physics subjects.
- The paper has a total of 200 questions with 100 questions each from Mathematics and Physics.
- There is no negative marking in the paper i.e. no marks are assigned if the question is wrongly attempted. So the candidate may attempt as many questions so as to score high in the merit list.
- Each question carries one mark.
- The question paper is of a total of 200 marks.
- The question paper is based on the syllabus of classes XI and XII.
16) Will there be any negative marking?
No,There is no negative marking.
17) My board doesn't give aggregate marks for 12th exam. What marks should I enter?
- For CBSE, include PCM and English/Hindi and one additional elective (total five subjects) in your aggregate. For ISCE, include PCM and English in the aggregate.
- Others should calculate the aggregate marks (or its equivalent) and attach a note explaining the method used by them to calculate the aggregate.
18) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
19) I passed 12th in 2016. I didn't get 75% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 75% marks?
If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects as required by the board to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM/PCB only, you are not eligible.
20) How am I Eligible for admission to B.tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
21) When are the results of BVP CET ( B.Tech) declared?
The results of BVP CET ( B.Tech) are generally declared in the month of June.
22) When is the counseling for admissions to the University is conducted?
The counseling for admission of candidates to the University is conducted in the month of June.
23) When does the new session begin after admissions into Bharati Vidyapeeth University?
After the admissions, the new session begins in the month of July.
24) What are the engineering courses available at Bharti Vidyapeeth University?
The under graduate engineering courses available at Bharti Vidyapeeth University are :
- Electrical Engineering,
- Computer Engineering,
- Electronics and Communication Engineering,
- Chemical Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Production Engineering,
- Information Technology,
- Electronics Engineering,
- Biomedical Engineering,
- Bachelor of Architecture.
25) What are the contact details of Bharti VidyaPeeth University?
The contact address for the university is
Bharati Vidyapeeth University
Bharati Vidyapeeth Bhavan,
Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg,
Pune – 411030
Contact No.: +91-20-24407100, 24407114.
26) What is the email address of contact of the Bharti VidyaPeeth University?
The email address of contact of the Bharti VidyaPeeth University is email@example.com .
27) Is Bharti Vidyapeeth University UGC recognised?
Bharti Vidyapeeth University is a UGC recognised university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. All the Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses offered by the university are approved by All India Council for Technical Education, AICTE and accredited by National Board of Accreditation and rated as ‘A’ Grade. The university is also granted as Grade ‘A’ by Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The degrees awarded by the university are recognised in the country and abroad. There are nearly 29 institutions run by Bharti Vidyapeeth University.
28) What are the other programmes offered at Bharti Vidyapeeth University?
The other programmes offered at Bharti Vidyapeeth University are:
- Ph.D. Programmes
- Fellowship Programmes
- Post Graduate Programmes
- Under Graduate Programmes
- Diploma and Certificate Programmes and
- Fellowship Programmes.
29) Does the university provide Hostel Facility?
There are hostel facilities provided in most of the institutions of the University. They have separate hostel facility for girls and Boys with mess and canteen facilities.
30) How big is the campus?
The campus is situated on 5 acres of land in the picturesque setting of Parsik Hills. The entire campus is Wi-Fi enabled
Computer lab: Lab has 180 computers.