May 13, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
Jun 19, 2016
Jul 04, 2016
How to Prepare for DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers of DU Entrance Test- Master of business economics .You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern of DU Entrance Test- Master of business economics , duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics 2016 Important Instructions
• Check that you have a bubble-sheet accompanying this booklet. Do not break the seal on this booklet until instructed to do so by the invigilator.
• Immediately on receipt of this booklet, fill in your Name, Signature, Roll number and Answer sheet number (see the top left a corner of the bubble sheet) in the space provided below.
• This examination will be checked by a machine. Therefore, it is very important that you follow the instructions on the bubble-sheet.
• Fill in the required information in Boxes on the bubble-sheet. Do not write anything in Box 3 - the invigilator will sign in it.
• Make sure you do not have the mobile, papers, books, etc., on your person. You can use non-programmable, non-alpha-numeric memory simple calculator. Anyone engaging in illegal practices will be immediately evicted and that person’s candidature will be canceled.
• You are not allowed to leave the examination hall during the first 30 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the examination time.
• When you finish the examination, hand in this booklet and the bubble sheet to the invigilator.
DU Entrance Test-Master of business economics FAQ
1) How do I apply ?
- All the candidates seeking admission to the Postgraduate (PG) courses where the admission is based only on an entrance exam are required to register online.
- As a first time user, a candidate shall create the login details by clicking on the “Register Here” under the “New User” option on this web page.
2) Is the online registration mandatory for all the candidates applying for the PG/Master’s admission ?
YES, online registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the postgraduate/Master’s courses (listed in the Bulletin) in the University of Delhi.
3) I wish to seek admission only through the Direct (Merit) category. Do I need to apply through online registration? Am I expected to pay the Registration fee?
YES, online registration is mandatory for ALL the candidates applying for the postgraduate/Master’s courses in the University of Delhi, irrespective of the mode of intake. You have to pay the Registration fee as well.
4) I would like to change my “Applicant’s details”, which I filled during the “New User registration”. Can I do that ?
NO, you cannot change that information later on. Be careful in filling the information.
5) I would like to change my Centre of Entrance Examination after completing the online registration form. Is it possible ?
NO, candidate shall choose any one of the six cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration. After completion of the online registration, the chosen Centre will not be changed.
6) What is the last date submission of registration form ?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of May.
7) In Which Month Conducts DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Third week of June every year.
8) Is it possible to get the Admit Card through postal mode ?
NO, the Admit Cards will only be generated online and will be available on your registration account.
9) When will I be able to download the Admit Card? Is it immediately after filling the registration form?
Admit Card’s download link will be available in your online account in the second week of July. Please visit the PG admission portal for news and updates related with the admission procedure.
10) Shall I sign on the Candidate’s Signature area of the Admit Card before appearing for the Entrance Examination?
NO, the candidate is required to sign on the Admit Card in front of the invigilator during the Entrance Examination in order to verify the Candidate’s signature.
11) Can I submit the fee through any other method, like demand draft etc?
NO, the registration fee is accepted only through the Online payment options available in the registration portal.
12) My internet got disconnected while filling the form. What should I do ?
When you get the internet connection, login again with your credentials and fill the information again.
13) Can I correct my mistake in the registration/application form ?
NO modifications in the form are allowed once fee payment is made. Before making the online payment, you can edit your application form.
14) I have uploaded the wrong Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate. Can I change it?
NO. Photo/ID Proof/ Signature/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate once uploaded can not be changed.
15) How can I apply in multiple courses? Do I need to make payment for other courses separately?
After completing your application for one course, you can apply in another course using "Apply in New Course" button on your home area. You need to pay registration fee separately for each of the applied courses.
16) How will I come to know the location of my Centre in the city I have chosen ?
The information related with the Centre will be announced on the PG admission portal. The information will also be printed on your Admit Card.
17) Can two candidates apply from the same account ?
NO, Only single candidate can apply from an account for PG Admissions.
18) Do I need to send Hard Copy of the form ?
No, You don't have to send Hard Copy of the form anywhere, if required you will be notified.
19) How can i upload self attested ID Proof/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate ?
1. Take a photocopy of your ID Proof/DOB Certificate/Caste Certificate.
2. Self attest it.
3. Scan it and upload.
20) I am an Outside Delhi student. How can I apply for admissions at DU ?
You can apply for admissions by filling the Delhi University Admission Form. DU offers both the offline as well as online mode to fill and submit your applications.
21) What are the eligibility criteria for DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics admission ?
Graduate (Under 10+2+3)/Post-Graduate in any discipline, with at least 50% marks from the University of Delhi of any other University recognized as equivalent thereto.
22) What will be the exam structure of DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics ?
The DU Entrance Test- Master of business economics Duration is 3 hours.
The question paper shall be of 250 marks.
The Entrance Test will consist of multiple choice questions relating to-
English Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency
- Quantitative Ability (covering Basic Arithmetic, Algebra, Calculus, Basic Statistics and Data Analysis) and Current Business Environment.
Test duration- 3 hours
23) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
24) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes,There is a negative marking.
25) May I use calculator in the examination ?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
26) When are DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics Results Out?
10 working days after the test.
27) For how long is the DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics score valid ?
The DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics score is valid for just one year.
28) Will the results be available online?
Yes, on DU Entrance Test-Master of Business Economics website.
29) What does the “Final Aggregate” mean to update result for merit? OR What percentage do I need to fill in Update Result for admission under Merit?
Final Aggregate is the combined total of all the B.A/B.Com/B.Sc. (or equivalent) semesters (or annual) result together.
30) I have uploaded the Final Aggregate Percentage, which has been accepted. But then I was asked to print the form and it still reads Result Awaited.
Please check the print of the form carefully. There is a row after Education Qualification with the result you have updated.
31) Can I get fee concession? What is the procedure for fee concession?
Yes,there is aprovision for fee concession in most of the colleges but only after admission.You may contact college for details.
32) How is Master of Business Economics Course Beneficial?
- Master Business Economics degree with at least 50% marks makes a student eligible for the post of a lecturer in different colleges.
- This course is also beneficial for management students.
- Degree serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field such as M.Phil. & Ph.D.
- The course enables students to apply economic analysis and quantitative skills to real-world business and economic policy issues.
33) What are the colleges for Master of Business Economics at DU University?
- University of Delhi - DU, Delhi
- Bhim Rao Ambedkar College, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Management - IIM Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad
- Doaba College, Jalandhar
34) Will there be any disadvantage for gap year candidates?
No, there won’t be any disadvantage for gap year students; however, they need to upload the necessary documents while applying for DU admission.
35) How can I apply for hostel at DU?
You can purchase the application form along with the prospectus from the office of the Hostel at a cost of Rs 150 for general category/ Other backward classes students or Rs 100 for SC/ ST/ PwD students (Rs 50 extra is charged if a candidate requests delivery of the form by post. This amount needs to be paid by furnishing a demand draft drawn in favour of Provost, Under Graduate Hostel for Girls, payable at Delhi, along with a self-addressed A4 size envelope).
All applications for requesting hostel in a college must be duly signed as well as forwarded by the Principal /Head of Department of the respective College or Department/ Director - CIC.