Nupur Kaushik Updated On: 16 Oct, 2018 11:54 IST
The eligibility norms for MAT examination have remained unchanged over the years. MAT has ‘No Age Bar’ and anyone with the prescribed qualification can appear for the examination. All India Management Association (AIMA) does not restrict anyone who is aspiring to seek admission to the MBA course through MAT. The detailed eligibility norms for MAT examination are elaborated below.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is based on the eligibility details for MAT over the past few years. If AIMA makes any changes in the eligibility details for MAT, it will issue a fresh notification.
1. Qualification & percentage needed for taking MAT exam?
The minimum qualification required for taking MAT exam is Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognised University or equivalent recognised degree. A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear provisionally.
2. Is there any age bar for it? Any job experience required to appear in MAT?
There is no age bar. Job experience is not necessary.
3. I have completed my graduation from Science stream, am I eligible to apply for the test?
Yes. A candidate should have done graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or should have an equivalent recognized degree.
4. I am in the final year of my graduation, can I apply?
Yes. A final year student in any undergraduate program (B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Com. /B.Tech. etc.) can write MAT but admission to such candidate will be granted on provisional basis.
5. Is MAT held all over the country what about a person living abroad? Can he/she apply for it?
MAT is conducted in all major cities in the country and in leading cities abroad.