MAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility norms for MAT examination have remained unchanged over the years. MAT has ‘No Age Bar’ and anyone with the prescribed qualification can appear for the examination. All India Management Association (AIMA) does not restrict anyone who is aspiring to seek admission to the MBA course through MAT. The detailed eligibility norms for MAT examination are elaborated below.
- Interested candidates who are aspiring to appear for MAT must note that there is no age limit.
- On the other hand, eligibility in MAT does not impose any age bar to appear for the examination.
- One must possess a graduate degree from any recognised university or institute to appear for MAT examination.
- According to AIMA, candidates with a graduation degree in any discipline can register for MAT examination.
- Students who are yet to complete their three-year or four-year UG degree and are pursuing their final year can also apply for MAT. There is no restriction in this regard. However, final admission is based on the qualifying status of the candidates in the UG degree.
- Generally, the minimum percentage required for the candidates in UG degree is 50%. However, the minimum qualifying marks or percentage in UG degree for the admission to management programmes varies for different institutes.
- Applicants do not necessarily need any work experience to register for MAT examination.
The eligibility criteria mentioned above is based on the eligibility details for MAT over the past few years. If AIMA makes any changes in the eligibility details for MAT, it will issue a fresh notification.
Candidates may follow our MAT Preparation Tips and go through our MAT Exam Checklist to boost their chances of scoring high in the next MAT exam. As soon as the exam is conducted, candidates may also check our Detailed MAT December 2017 Paper Analysis.
Stay tuned for Latest News & Updates on MAT December 2017 exam!
1. Qualification & percentage needed for taking MAT exam?
The minimum qualification required for taking MAT exam is Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognised University or equivalent recognised degree. A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear provisionally.
2. Is there any age bar for it? Any job experience required to appear in MAT?
There is no age bar. Job experience is not necessary.
3. I have completed my graduation from Science stream, am I eligible to apply for the test?
Yes. A candidate should have done graduation in any discipline from any recognized university or should have an equivalent recognized degree.
4. I am in the final year of my graduation, can I apply?
Yes. A final year student in any undergraduate program (B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Com. /B.Tech. etc.) can write MAT but admission to such candidate will be granted on provisional basis.
5. Is MAT held all over the country what about a person living abroad? Can he/she apply for it?
MAT is conducted in all major cities in the country and in leading cities abroad.