Mar 01, 2016
Apr 17, 2016
Jul 25, 2016
LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016
1. Registration Number
Fill registration number in the Application form, in case the applicant has already taken provisional admission in the university.
2.Details of Qualifying Examination
Tick the appropriate box to indicate whether you have passed or are appearing. Depending on the program applying for, give the details of qualifying examination (e.g. Diploma/ 10th/ 10+2/ Graduation). Fill Month and Year of Passing/Appearing in the exam. Write the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying exam, if already passed.
3. Complete Contact Details of the Applicant
Write the complete contact details of the applicant in capital letters. The address must include your father's name, and all other details including the correct pin code, for letters to reach you. Indicate your phone no. with the correct STD code, Mobile Number & email ID. Please note that this block may be machine-scanned and therefore the details should be written within the rectangular box provided. This address will be used on the e-Hall Ticket.
4. Date of Birth
Write the day, month and year of your birth as per the English calendar and as recorded in your School Board/+2/ Intermediate/ Pre-University examination certificate.
Tick the appropriate box depending upon your gender.
Tick the appropriate box specified in this item number, If it is not specified here, then write in the text area provided. (For statistical purpose only).
7. Exam Date
There are two options to book the slot for taking test. If applicants want University to book the slot, tick option 1(University).If they wish to book the slot themselves, tick option 2(Student).
Choose the test city , where you want to appear for exam, and write the appropriate code in the space provided. Write the name of the city as well in the text area provided.
9. Choice of Exam Date
If applicant has ticked option 1 in , then five options of Choice of Exam Date are to be given here. Write Day, Month and Year as per English calendar. Considering postal delays/ holidays etc. the dates mentioned should be at least 7 days later than the current date i.e. date of posting the application.
10. Programme applying for
Indicate the programme you are applying for by ticking the corresponding box.
The applicant must sign the declaration and fill up the place and date. Applications without signatures will be treated as incomplete and rejected.
Affix one recent (taken not later than a month) good quality colour photograph with light colour background in the space provided for this purpose. Spectacles if being used regularly are allowed. The photograph should be firmly affixed to the application form. It should not be pinned or stapled. Photograph should not be larger than the space provided in the box for pasting it. It is expected that the applicant will have the same appearance at the time of the examination and admission as in the photograph affixed in the application form. In case his / her appearance changes, he / she would be required to bring two new photographs at the time of the examination.
Eligibility for LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Instrumentation or Telecommunication or Electronics) or M.Sc. (Physics or Electronics) or equivalent, subject to qualifying LPUNEST or GATE.
In case marks scored in graduation are 70% or above, then LPUNEST or GATE will be exempted and candidate may apply for admission.
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in BE or B.Tech. (CSE or IT or ECE) or MCA or M.Sc. (IT or Computer Science or Physics or Mathematics or Statistics) or equivalent subject to qualifying LPUNEST or GATE.
In case marks scored in B.Tech. (CSE or ECE or IT) or MCA are 70% or above, then LPUNEST or GATE will be exempted and candidate may apply for admission.
Pass with 60% aggregate marks in B.Tech. (Biotechnology) or B.Pharmacy or M.Sc. (Biosciences) or equivalent subject to qualifying LPUNEST or GATE.
In case marks scored in Graduation are 70% or above, then LPUNEST or GATE will be exempted and candidate may apply for admission.
(5% relaxation to SC/ST/OBC candidates).
LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016 Important Instructions
- Applicants should arrive at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-hall ticket. There will be pre-test process which includes registration and an on-site orientation prior to the start of the actual test. If an applicant arrives after the on-site orientation has begun, he/she will not be allowed to take the test. The test hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Applicants have to register their name at the registration counter. The e-hall tickets of the applicants will be checked to satisfy about the identity of each applicant. A photograph of the applicant may also be clicked at the test centre for verification purpose.
- Each applicant is allotted a seat with a computer. Applicants must find out and occupy their allotted seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Applicants will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket inside the test hall. Applicants are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie-talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/device that is likely to be of unfair assistance.
- No applicant will be allowed to go outside the test hall till completion of the entire duration of the time. Once an applicant leaves the hall (even if only to answer the call of nature) they may not be allowed to return under any circumstances. Smoking in the test hall is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are also not allowed to be taken into the test hall.
- Applicants shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their questions only. All actions of the applicant in the test hall may be closely monitored using web cameras and closed circuit TV cameras. Any conversation or movement or disturbance in the test hall shall be deemed as misbehavior. If an applicant is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period to be decided by LPU. LPU also reserves the right to withhold the result of such applicant.
- Applicants must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided in the e-hall ticket of the candidate.
- For appearing in the test, applicants will have to make arrangements for traveling and boarding at their own.
1. In case an applicant fails to produce the proof of fulfilment of the prescribed eligibility criteria or any other document prescribed by the university or fails to provide original documents for verification by the stipulated date(s), he/she shall not be considered eligible for admission/ scholarship/ financial aid, in any case, if granted due to any reason shall be cancelled and the applicant shall have no claim, whatsoever against the university.
2. Copy of the printout of the Application form must be retained for future reference.
3. Applicant should ensure the following before sending the printout of the application form:
i. The applicant and parent/guardian have signed the form at the specified space.
ii. All certificates furnished are properly filled in and signed by the competent authority and affixed office seal at specified place.
iii. The photograph uploaded online and the photograph pasted in the printout of application form should be identical and properly attested by Head of the Institution or Gazetted Officer of Government.
iv. The applicant should select the course/courses which he/she desires to study while applying online.
LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016 Relaxation Policy
As Per Government Rules.
LPUNEST (M.Tech) Application FAQ
1) What does LPU stand for?
LPU stands for Lovely Professional University. It is India’s largest university in terms of students on a single campus. The university is recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC) and is member of coveted Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
2) What is LPUNEST M.Tech?
Lovely Professional University is conducting National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) for M.Tech aspirants. LPUNEST started in 2009, become one of the largest entrance test in India in 5 years with approximately 3 lakh students registering for the same in 2014. The Test will be conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule mentioned.
3) Where is LPU located?
Lovely Professional University is located on the Jalandhar-Delhi G.T. Road, NH-1 (Punjab) at the entry to Jalandhar city and is well connected by road, rail, and air; having a reasonable distance from the bus stands, railway stations, and the airports at Amritsar and Chandigarh.
4) How do I get the application form for admission?
- Register through LPUNEST Online Portal.
- Enter your important details to obtain application number and password.
- Login with the application number and make payment using online/ offline mode.
- Fill in the details in the form and submit it.
- Choose the desired slot for appearing in the exam.
5) Which modes the payment can be done?
Login with the application number and make payment using online
- For making payment through Online Mode, Applicant may use any of the following options: -
- Internet Banking facility
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Select the appropriate payment mode and follow the stepwise instructions.
6) What is the last date submission of registration form?
The registration form can be submitted during the month of April.
7) In Which Month Conducts LPUNEST(M. Tech) Exam?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of April every year.
8) May I select any date from April 15 to 30, 2016 to sit for LPUNEST 2016?
Yes, you can choose any suitable date and test centre from April 15 to 30, 2016. However, the allocation of exam and test centre will be subject to availability. Also, applicants are advised to appear for the exam at the earliest to avoid last moment rush.
9) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
This test would be conducted in 133 test centres pan India.
10) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in First week of December (onwards). You will have to log onto the LPUNEST website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
11) What if I send an incomplete application form?
Application Form received without fee or otherwise incomplete in any respect or received after the stipulated dates for submission, may not be considered/evaluated for admission or may be summarily rejected without assigning any clarification or intimation.
12) What is the mode of conduction of LPUNEST(M. Tech) ?
Online or Computer based exam.
List of LPUNEST (M.Tech) 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|