Kerala CEE - MCA -

Kerala CEE - MCA (Kerala CEE - MCA - 2016)

Pen & Paper | National Level Exam
Important Dates
Registration Date
Aug 28, 2016
Admit Card Date
Sep 18, 2016
Test Date
Sep 25, 2016
Result Date
Oct 09, 2016

Kerala CEE - MCA Counselling FAQ

1) What is List the documents do I need to carry at the time of admission?

List of Certificate/Documents required:-

  • Admit Card of the Entrance Examination.
  • SSLC or any relevant school records to prove date of birth.
  • Originals of Degree Certificate and Mark list of all parts of the qualifying exam.
  • Originals of Certificates, the copies of which are enclosed with the print out of application form.
  • Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution where the candidate studied last.
  • Two copies of passport size photograph of the candidate.
  • Candidates who passed their qualifying examination from Universities/Boards outside the State shall produce “Eligibility Certificate / Equivalency Certificate” from any of the Universities in Kerala.
  • Applicant who is employed or a trainee in Government service, Scheduled Bank etc. should produce, at the time of interview, a relieving order and a certificate of good conduct from the Head of the office where the applicant is employed.
  • The student who qualifies from other universities should produce migration certificate at the time of admission.

2) When will the allotment start?

Allotment is expected to start as per schedule published in the prospectus. Details of allotment process such as opening of web site and option registration, etc., will be notified in due course.

3) Whether income certificates obtained from other States in India will be accepted?

No.  Income certificate obtained from a competent revenue authority in Kerala alone will be accepted.

4) I belong to General category. Is it required to submit Income certificate?

It is better to submit income certificate by all candidates except SC/ST. Those (including General Category) who wish to avail the benefits such as fee concession/scholarships that may be notified by the Government or college authorities subsequently, based on annual family income, should furnish the Income Certificate along with the application itself. No further chance will be allowed to submit Income Certificate.

5) I belong to OE category, but my annual family income exceeds 4.5 lakh.Are there any fee benefits for such candidates?

Yes.  But such candidates are not eligible for any communal reservations.  They should submit community certificate to get fee concession benefits.

6) I have my caste noted as ‘Nair’ in my 10th Standard certificate. I am actually an inter-caste candidate (Ezhava & Nair). The Village Officer refused to give inter-caste certificate since the marriage was not registered. What should I do to avail Ezhava reservation?

The CEE is permitting reservation status in the case of inter-caste married couple, only on the basis of valid inter-caste marriage certificate obtained from the competent authorities and based on the claim of the candidate. Income certificate is not essential in this case.

7) My father and mother are in forward caste, but in different castes. Am I eligible for inter-caste benefit?

No. Children of Inter-caste married couple with either the father or mother belonging to a community included in SEBC/SC-ST list will be eligible for inter-caste benefit.

8) What do you mean by OCI / PIO?

  • OCI – Overseas Citizen of India
  • PIO – Persons of Indian Origin
  • OCI and PIO issued by Govt. of India alone will be considered.

9) What should I do for claiming reservation under Sports quota?

Candidates who claim reservation under Sports Quota shall fulfill their eligibility based on the norms of Kerala State Sports Council appended in Annexure XVIII (ii) prior to submission of application, for the seats as prescribed in the Prospectus. The candidate should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Secretary, Kerala State Sports Council, Thiruvananthapuram-695001.

10) I am an NCC cadet and I wish to be considered for admission under NCC quota. What should I do?

The candidates seeking admission under the NCC quota should forward the original application form to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, and a photocopy of the application to the Deputy Director General, NCC (Kerala), PB No.2212, Thiruvananthapuram-695010 through the respective NCC Unit Officers where the candidates have been enrolled as cadets.

11) If any prescribed format for claiming a reservation is not obtained along with the printout of application, how can it be downloaded?

All proforma can be downloaded from the candidate’s home page using the link ‘Additional certificates’ after logging on to it.