Mar 21, 2016
Jun 02, 2016
Jun 11, 2016
MU-OET Counselling FAQ
1) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Manipal insitute of technolgy(MIT) ?
CANDIDATES ARE ADMITTED DIRECTLY TO SECOND YEAR IN THE FOLLOWING STREAM:
B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.Tech in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Industrial & Production Engineering
- B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.Tech in Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechatronics
- B.Tech in Printing & Media Technology.
2) Will I get hostel / hotel accommodation?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission must make their own arrangements for stay. There are plenty of hotels available in Manipal and Udupi. Candidates can log into www.udupipages.com for more details. Almost all candidates admitted are accommodated in Hostels.
3) Can I depute someone as a nominee for counselling if I am not able to travel/ come down?
Yes, the authorised representative must carry the proper authorisation, fees and all the original documents required for admission.
4) Should I need to pay the admission / tuition fee at the time of counselling / admission?
Yes, the fee is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission.
5) Is there any facility for payment of fees in installments?
No, the entire first year fees is to be paid on the day of counselling/admission and subsequent fees on the dates to be notified.
6) Is there any good hostel facility with attached dinning?
Yes, all hostels have mess facility.
7) Will I get hostel allotment at the time of admission?
Yes, all admitted candidates will be accommodated in the hostels.
8) Is there any extracurricular activities avenues promoted / facility available at Manipal University where I can improve upon my skills?
There are plenty of facilities and promoted avenues for the overall personality development.
9) Can I take back the original documents?
The original documents cannot be given back. The University will retain these documents till the completion of the course. Acknowledgement for the original documents will be given.
10) What about placement after completion of course?
Manipal University has an excellent placement cell.
11) What is the Manipal University fee code to be mentioned in the challan?
“A” is the fee code of Manipal University.
12) Do we receive a laptop for all the courses offered in Manipal University?
Laptops will be given to all students admitted to MBBS, BDS, BTech, BTech (LATERAL), BArch and MBA courses.
13) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
No, the mess charges will be collected annually along with hostel facilities fees & utility charges.
14) Where can I avail for a loan facility?
A loan facility can be availed from respective bank branches. There is no loan facility offered by Manipal University.
15) I have submitted my original documents in the other counselling. What can be done so that i can attend the counselling in Manipal University?
You are required to produce the acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
16) Is it necessary for the parents to accompany children during counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for parents to attend the counselling.
17) My counselling at MU coincides with a counselling at another college. Where should I give my original documents?
- We understand that you might apply for admission simultaneously to more than one college.
- If you are required to appear for counselling at another college at the same time as at MU, just bring some proof of the counselling at the other college.
- And don’t forget to bring the photocopies of the required documents you need for your MU counselling, like marksheets etc.