Mar 21, 2016
Apr 08, 2016
Apr 15, 2016
How to Prepare for MU-OET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
MU-OET 2016 Important Instructions
1) Where is Manipal located, and what are the facilities available here?
The Manipal Group institutions are located on scenic campuses, providing a high-quality lifestyle and ideal environments for study. The Manipal campus is situated on the Malabar Coast, between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, in south Karnataka. The place is known for its moderate temperature and spectacular mountain views. The campus has excellent buildings, academic facilities and student amenities for accommodation, sports, and other extra-curricular activities.
The professional colleges are known for their hi-tech labs, museums, and faculty who have rich and varied backgrounds, having been trained and worked all over the globe. Campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere through which students from over 55 countries create life-long friendships.
2) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to MU?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
3) How to apply for MU OET(M.Sc Nursing) and from where do I get the application?
You can either send an online application or download the application from our website (click ‘Admissions -International Admissions’) or if you want the application form and brochure to be posted/mailed to you, then write to: firstname.lastname@example.org by giving your postal address.
4) Is there any capitation fee for MU OET(M.Sc Nursing)?
No. There is no capitation fee. You only pay tuition/course fees which have been mentioned in the fee schedule. Please browse through the program which you want to apply for to know the course fee.
5) I know Manipal is in Karnataka. So, how do I get there?
Manipal is well connected by road, rail and air. There are two main cities close to Manipal that serve as entry points - Udupi and Mangalore. Udupi is 5 km from Manipal and Mangalore is 65 km away.
6) Once I apply what will happen?
Once you send in your application along with the required documents and application fee, we will register it and allot an application number. Application number will be informed to you by e.mail. In the e.mail, we will also inform you as to when we will be offering the admission letter or if we require some additional information, we will write to you.
7) Can I get admission based only on the MU entrance test?
That depends on the admission criteria for the course you have opted for. We require all candidates to fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements as listed here .
8) When should I arrive at Manipal Campus or Mangalore Campus, if accepted to any of the programs offered at Manipal University?
Students can plan to arrive 1-2 days prior to the commencement of classes. Accepted students will be informed of the exact date in the letter of confirmed admission.
9) Can I apply to more than one course? Can I do it in a single application?
- If the courses you have opted for fall in the same group, then by all means, go ahead and state your choices in one single application form.
- However, if you opt for courses in different groups, then you will need to fill out separate applications.
10) I missed the last date for sending in my application. Can I still apply?
Sorry, we do not entertain any applications after the last date for submission.
11) Are marks of the qualifying exams are considered for admission?
All admissions are strictly on merit. Admissions to some courses are based on merit in the all India entrance test and some courses, on merit in the qualifying examination.
12) My result will not be out by the time admission in Manipal University will start. Am I eligible to apply and get the admission?
Yes, you can apply. If selected, you will have to produce your mark sheet with the required percentage by July 30.
13) What are the eligibility criteria for M.Sc nursing Program?
Candidates should have passed B.Sc/PC B.Sc/PB B.Sc Nursing recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
Experience: Applicants must have 1 year of experience as on 31.07.2016 after BSc Nursing in a hospital of at least 100 beds or in a community health program or in a school or college of nursing. PB BSc Degree holders need to have one year experience either before or after Post Basic BSc Nursing degree.
14) I have passed B.Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics). What are the career options for me in your University?
We have MCA, MBA,M.Sc and M.sc Nursing programmes suited to your qualification . Admission notice for these courses is issued in the month of April.
15) Can I get model/previous year question paper?
No, MU does not provide any model or previous year question paper.
16) Can I get syllabus for Manipal University Online Entrance Test?
Yes, candidates can download the syllabus from the website.
17) Will there be any breaks during the exam?
No, there will be no scheduled breaks during the test but candidates are allowed to go to the restroom by raising their hand to inform the test centre administrator. Note that the on-screen timer will continue running during restroom breaks.
18) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
19) How and when are the results of the MU entrance test announced?
We put out the results on our website. You can also call the admission office at +91-92437-77733.
20) For how long is the MU OET (M.Sc Nursing) score valid?
The MU OET(M.Sc Nursing) score is valid for just one year.
21) When do I need to pay admission / tuition fee?
The first year fees is paid on the day of counselling/admission. Subsequent fees must be paid on the dates that will be notified through official website.
22) Can I get a loan for study?
- We have no provision for a loan for study.
- But you can avail loans from banks.
23) Will I get a job once I complete my course?
MU has an excellent placement cell and a large number of our students get placed in good companies even before they have written their final semester examinations.
24) I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do?
No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.
Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.
25) Will I get hostel accommodation at the time of admission?
MU is a residential institute and all students who are admitted are accommodated in hostels.
26) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.
27) My counselling at MU coincides with a counselling at another college. Where should I give my original documents?
- We understand that you might apply for admission simultaneously to more than one college.
- If you are required to appear for counselling at another college at the same time as at MU, just bring some proof of the counselling at the other college.
- And don’t forget to bring the photocopies of the required documents you need for your MU counselling, like marksheets etc.
28) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.