Mar 21, 2016
May 31, 2016
Jun 25, 2016
How to Prepare for MU OET 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
MU OET 2016 Important Instructions
MU OET FAQ
1) What is MU OET?
Manipal University Online Entrance Test M.Tech (MU OET PG) will be conducted by Manipal University for admissions to various engineering programmes available across Manipal Institute of Technology (M.Tech programmes) and Manipal School of Information Sciences (M.E. programmes). Interested students are required to qualify MU OET PG as admissions will be done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the entrance exam. GATE qualified candidates can also appear for the MU OET PG exam. They will be awarded extra marks during preparation of merit list.
2) Where is Manipal located, and what are the facilities available here?
The Manipal Group institutions are located on scenic campuses, providing a high-quality lifestyle and ideal environments for study. The Manipal campus is situated on the Malabar Coast, between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, in south Karnataka. The place is known for its moderate temperature and spectacular mountain views. The campus has excellent buildings, academic facilities and student amenities for accommodation, sports, and other extra-curricular activities.
The professional colleges are known for their hi-tech labs, museums, and faculty who have rich and varied backgrounds, having been trained and worked all over the globe. Campuses provide a cosmopolitan and congenial atmosphere through which students from over 55 countries create life-long friendships.
3) Are the courses offered by the Manipal University recognised?
Manipal University is established under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide notification #F9-8/89-U.3 dated 1/6/1993 of the Government of India. All the courses offered by Manipal University are in conformity to the guidelines laid down by UGC. All professional courses are recognised by respective councils like MCI, DCI, AICTE, INC, PCI etc.
4) Can I obtain my application by post?
Yes, by sending DD for the required amount.
5) Do I need to come down to Manipal to receive / submit the application form?
No, the application can be obtained by post/ banks and can be submitted through post. You can also apply online.
6) Where can I get the prospectus and application forms?
The application material can be obtained from the Director, Admissions, Manipal University. The application material is also available online and also sold through various branches of State Bank of India.
7) If I have to apply for more than one course, should I get that many application forms?
Courses are combined under different groups. Only one application is sufficient for courses under the same group. Separate applications are required for courses under different groups.
8) Is there any agent who can help me in getting admission to MU?
We do not have any agents or middlemen for admissions. We like to be in direct conversation with our students, so please write in to us with any queries you might have.
9) Is there any capitation fee?
No. There is no capitation fee. You only pay tuition/course fees which have been mentioned in the fee schedule. Please browse through the program which you want to apply for to know the course fee.
10) In whose favour should the application/entrance test demand draft (DD) be made, where should it be drawn and in which bank should it be made?
DD should be made in favour of ‘Manipal University’ payable at Manipal or Udupi. DD can be made from any nationalised banks.
11) Can I get model/previous year question paper?
No, Manipal University will not provide any model or previous year question paper.
12) What is a computer based online entrance test, what basic knowledge is required to answer this test?
In the Online Entrance Test, the candidate sits in front of the computer and the questions appear on the monitor and the candidate submits his answers through use of a key board or mouse. Online Entrance Tests assume the candidate has basic familiarity with use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the University cannot take responsibility for the same.
13) Printout of E-hall ticket should be in colour or black & white?
The hall ticket can be printed either in colour or black & white.
14) What are the eligibility criteria for M.E./ M.Tech Program?
- Indian nationals can apply under the General Category. Foreign nationals or Non Resident Indians or Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under the Foreign/NRI Category.
- B.E/B.Tech or AMIE in any branch of Engineering.
- 50% marks required in Manipal University Entrance Exam.
- No minimum age limit.
15) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
16) I am doing final semester B.Tech course. Whether I am eligible to apply for (M.E./ M.Tech.) course?
Yes, provided your final semester results will be declared latest by August second week with 50% marks altogether.
17) What is the duration of these (M.E./ M.Tech.) courses?
All courses are full time two years (Four semesters) program.
18) I have two valid GATE scorecards of GATE 2015 and 2016 for the same paper. Which scorecard shall I submit?
You need to use the scorecard having the higher score.
19) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo MU OET (M.E./ M.Tech.)?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for MIT admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
20) I have completed my graduation through a correspondence course. Am I eligible for the course?
No, Candidates pursuing degree examination by part time / correspondence course are not eligible for the course.
21) For how long is the MU OET (M.Tech/M.E) score valid?
The MU OET(M.Tech/M.E) score is valid for just one year.
22) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
General Category: Based on the marks obtained in MU-OET and the eligibility criteria for various programs, Manipal University will declare a common merit list which will be displayed on website.
Note: All candidates possessing valid GATE score will be given 10% additional marks and ranked in the merit list. Candidates with GATE score must enclose the photocopy of their GATE score card along with the Application Form. Without which the additional marks will not be awarded.
Foreign/NRI Category: A separate merit list of the applicants under the Foreign/NRI category will be prepared based on marks obtained at the qualifying examination and those selected for admission will be informed separately.
23) What are the Courses/specializations offered at Manipal insitute of technolgy(MIT) ?
Offered M.Tech Programmes:
- Advanced Thermal Power and Energy Systems
- Astronomy & Space Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Aided Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Security
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Control Systems
- Digital Electronics & Advanced Communication
- Energy Management Auditing & Lighting
- Engineering Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Automation & Robotics
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Industrial Pollution & Control
- Manufacturing Engineering & Technology
- Network Engineering
- Power Electronic Systems & Control
- Printing and Media Technology
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
Offered ME Programmes:-
- Medical software
- VLSI Design
- Embedded Systems
- Embedded Systems & Instrumentation
- Embedded & Wireless Systems
- Computing Systems & Virtualization.
24) Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees?
No, the mess charges will be collected annually along with hostel facilities fees & utility charges.
25) I have submitted my original documents in the other counselling. What can be done so that i can attend the counselling in Manipal University?
You are required to produce the acknowledgement for the deposition of original documents at other institution.
26) Where can I avail for a loan facility?
A loan facility can be availed from respective bank branches. There is no loan facility offered by Manipal University..
27) Is it necessary for the parents to accompany children during counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for parents to attend the counselling.
28) My counselling at MU coincides with a counselling at another college. Where should I give my original documents?
- We understand that you might apply for admission simultaneously to more than one college.
- If you are required to appear for counselling at another college at the same time as at MU, just bring some proof of the counselling at the other college.
- And don’t forget to bring the photocopies of the required documents you need for your MU counselling, like marksheets etc.
29) Will I get hostel / hotel accommodation?
Candidates coming for counselling and admission must make their own arrangements for stay. There are plenty of hotels available in Manipal and Udupi. Candidates can log into www.udupipages.com for more details. Almost all candidates admitted are accommodated in Hostels.
30) Can I take back the original documents with me?
Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.