Nov 10, 2016
Apr 09, 2017
Apr 16, 2017
May 05, 2017
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 - Application Steps
How to Apply for GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017
- Applications are also available throughout India in select branches of
- UNION BANK OF INDIA
- INDIAN BANK
- KARUR VYSYA BANK
- Addresses of these branches are available on www.gitam.edu
- The filled - in application along with Demand Draft for Rs. 1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates), drawn in favor of GITAM UNIVERSITY, payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank, should reach Director-Admissions, GITAM UNIVERSITY, Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam - 530 045, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 Important Instructions
- Candidates should arrive at the examination centre one hour before the scheduled time. There will be an on-site orientation before the examination commences. If a candidate arrives after the on- site orientation begins, he/ she will not be allowed to take the examination. If candidates do not report on time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions relating to the examination. The examination hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidate is expected to have basic familiarity with use of computer like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing for the examination and the University cannot take any responsibility in this matter.
- The questions are generated from a large question bank and all the candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of equal standard level, content, question type, etc. In this matter, the decision of the University is final and binding on the candidate.
- The candidate must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on and any problem with the computer is to be intimated to the proctor immediately. All the questions will be in English medium only. All the questions will be of multiple choice.
- Each question carries 4 marks. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted from the score for each wrong answer. The unanswered questions will receive nil marks.
- On completion of the examination, the computer will display the result in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers and the net score.
- No student will be allowed to repeat the examination in the same year.
- The method adopted for resolving ties shall be in the order of scores in mathematics / biology, physics, chemistry and age of the candidate.
- The ranks secured by the candidates will be announced within 10 days from the date of completion of GAT.
- The final list of centres will be announced to candidates through the website www.gitam.edu. The University reserves the right to cancel any test centre and in such a case, candidates allotted to these centres will be accommodated in alternate test centres.
- Depending on the administrative convenience, tests may be conducted for a limited number of days in some of the centres. The final list of test centres, venues and days of test will be announced only after all the applications are received and candidates will be informed of the same through the university website to enable the candidates to choose their centre, date and time for the test as per their convenience and availability of slots in any of the aforesaid centres. Candidates should indicate 3 different test centres, in order of preference, in the application for consideration by the University.
- Candidate has to register his/her name at the registration counter in the test centre. The e-hall tickets of the candidates will be verified by the proctor to confirm each candidate’s identity. The candidate has to produce any one of the following for personal identification: Passport / Driving License / EC voter ID card / IT PAN card / School or College photo bearing ID card / Aadhar Card. Each candidate will be given a seat with a computer. Candidate must take the allotted seat at least 15 minutes before the test commences.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket into the test hall. Candidates are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, Clark tables and electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie- talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/device that is likely to be of unfair assistance.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire duration of the test. Once a candidate leaves the test hall, he/she will not be permitted to re-enter the test hall under any circumstances.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, soft drinks / snacks are not allowed into the test hall. There are no waiting facilities for family and friends at the test centre.
- Candidates should maintain perfect silence. All actions of the candidate in the test hall will be closely monitored using web cam and closed circuit cameras. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the test hall shall be deemed as misbehaviour and if any candidate is found using unfair means or impersonation, his/her candidature will be cancelled and they will be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period, as decided by the university. The university reserves the right to withhold the result of such candidates.
- Candidates must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The candidate must obey the rules of the test centres, otherwise he/she will be automatically debarred from the test.
- In rare and unlikely event of a technical failure during the test, the candidate may be required to take the test again.
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 Relaxation Policy
- Admission into the course of study shall be made on the basis of GSAT rank and eligibility criteria subject to the rule of reservation as applicable to GITAM University.
GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch Application FAQ
1) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, All candidates will be awarded GSAT test-wise rank as per marks secured in the test appeared and they will be kept on the website.
2) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
3) Where can I Obtain the application form?
- Online form is available at official website..
- Hard copies can be obtained by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate’s name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.1,000/- (Rs. 600/- for female candidates) drawn in favour of GITAM University payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank.
4) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
5) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
6) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Science Admission Test (GSAT) and obtain a rank in that.
7) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Gitam Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
8) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
9) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
List of GAT(UGTP)-B.Arch 2017 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|