Feb 08, 2017
May 07, 2017
May 14, 2017
Jun 04, 2017
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) Counselling FAQ
1) What are the Examination, Rules for Passing?
There are two examinations in each course in all programmes:
mid-semestral and semestral (final). The composite score in a course is a weighted average of the scores in the mid-semestral and semestral examinations, class tests, home-assignments, practical record-book, project work, etc. (announced at the beginning of the semester).
- If the composite score of a student falls short of 45% in a credit course, or 35% in a non-credit course the student may take at most one back-paper examination to improve the score. The maximum score a student can secure in a back-paper examination is 45%. The maximum number of back-papers that can be taken in any given year of a programme is specified in the Students’Brochure.
- If a student misses a mid-semestral or a semestral or a back-paper examination due to medical or family emergencies, there is a provision for a supplementary examination. The student can score at most 60% in the supplementary examinations to mid-semestral and semestral examinations, and at most 45% in the case of a back-paper examination.
- In case a student fails to secure pass marks in a course even after the results of backpaper examination have been declared, there is provision for a compensatory examination subject to fulfillment of certain conditions, details of which are available in the Students’ Brochure.
2) Are financial assistance and bank loans available?
There is a provision for need based financial assistance for deserving candidates. Educational loans to admitted participants may be available from banks and other financial institutions.
3) In Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) which campus offered a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications ?
Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications(PGDCA) total duration of this programme is one year, and it is offered at the ISI Giridih Branch. There is no stipend or tuition fee for the course.
4) Will be there any attendance rule?
Attendance rules that are applicable to the host Institute will be followed in each semester.
5) What are the Pass / Fail rules?
Rules in a given semester will be those generally applicable in the host Institute of that semester.
6) What will be the class hours and how many days a week?
The hours and days will vary from semester to semester. The norms prevailing at the host institute would be followed.
7) Does the Institute provide Hostel Facility?
The Institute has hostels for the students in its premises in Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tezpur. The campus at Giridih also has rudimentary hostel facilities. A nominal rent is charged per month for accommodation. Students are responsible for payment of food charges. However, it may not be possible to accommodate all degree/ diploma students in the hostels. Limited medical facilities are available free of cost at all campuses.
8) 2How do I contact in case of any further queries?
Email:postmaster(at)isibang.ac.in,info(at)isichennai.com,postmaster(at)isid.ac.in,isihyd(at)gmail.com ,postmaster(at)isical.ac.in .
9) What is the Institute role in the placement of students?
There is a Placement Committee in Kolkata, which arranges campus interviews by prospective employers. Campus interviews are also organised at the Delhi and Bengaluru Centres.
- Students who have undergone the B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hons), M Stat, M .Math, MS (QE), M Tech (CS), M Tech (QROR) and other degree, diploma/ certificate courses of the Institute and those having the Ph D degree of the Institute either get opportunities to join research programs in India and abroad, or get placed in attractive positions in the industry or government departments. The master degree programs in ISI have close to 100% placement record. Most of the students of the Institute get employment offers or admission to some Ph.D programmes even before they complete the qualifying degree examinations.