Jan 29, 2016
May 26, 2016
May 29, 2016
Jun 26, 2016
How to Prepare for BHU-PET MBA 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers . You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
BHU-PET MBA 2016 Important Instructions
1. The Candidate must carry his/her valid Admit Card for the concerned Entrance Test. He/She must occupy only his/her allotted seat as per his/her Roll Number in the seating arrangement made for the concerned Test.
2. No Candidate will be allowed entry to the Test Hall after 30 minutes of the start of the Entrance Test.
3. No Candidate shall be allowed to leave the Test Hall till the end of the Test.
4. The Candidates shall be checked for any resource materials frequently and at random by the Invigilators and other staff conducting the Test, routinely and also on the slightest doubt.
5. Calculators/watch calculators, electronic diary, pager, mobile phones, earphones, alarm clock, digital watches with memory, slide rule, etc. are not allowed in the examination hall. Also, carrying of licensed weapons, fire arms, tools which can be used as lethal weapons are not allowed in the examination hall
6. Nobody other than the University authorized personnel is permitted to move around the Test venue. Any unauthorized person loitering around the Test venue shall be handed over to the police under an FIR lodged by the University.
7. No scrutiny/re-evaluation of answer sheet of PET is allowed in any case at any stage
8. The candidate shall be bound by the BHU Statutes/Ordinances/Rules and Regulations framed from time to time.
9. Any litigation in respect of the PET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local Court of Varanasi and/or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only
10. For any interpretational difficulties, the interpretation through English language shall be deemed as correct.
BHU-PET MBA FAQ
1) BHU Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) MBA is conducted by whom?
The Banaras Hindu University conducts Postgraduate Entrance Tests, called “BHU PET''. Admissions will be made according to merit in the PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats in the particular course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
2) What are the various Eligibility Norms of BHU_PET (MBA) Programme?
Bachelor Degree in any discipline under at least (10+2+3) pattern OR Equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
3) What is the mode of conduction of BHU-PET (MBA) Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
4) Am I guaranteed a seat in a college with the BHU-PET score?
NO. BHU-PET is only one of the requirements in the admission process into a course. Student’s will have to adhere to all the prerequisite of the admission.
5) What are the specializations offered at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
BHU-PET offers following specialisation in
- Operations Management
- Information Technology (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
6) How can I register for BHU-PET MBA examination?
Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for BHU-PET MBA. Applicants must check the BHU-PET MBA Important Dates.
Aspirants can register for the test till first week of March (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after BHU-PET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
7) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
BHU_PET Registration Fee has following criteria that is:-
SC/ST: Rs. 250.00
Others: Rs. 500.00
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the Second week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the BHU-PET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website :-(http://bhuonline.in/).
10) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No, you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
11) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
12) Is the University MBA Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
Banaras Hindu University, formerly known as Faculty of Management Studies(FMS, BHU), Varanasi, India is the Business School of Banaras Hindu University ('Best university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010'). Established in 1968, it is among the earliest Management Schools in India. Since its establishment it has produced more than 4000 graduates. It is one of the oldest business schools in India and has a strong alumni network. It offers Master of Business Administration (MBA 2yrs), Master of Business Administration (International Business) (MBA (IB) - 2yrs) duly approved and certified by AICTE.
13) Which modes the payment can be done?
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank: After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal. The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
14) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 8 cities. You can get the details in the exam pattern section.
15) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card? .
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Test date
- Test City & Centre address
- User ID / Registration Number
16) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes, you can submit the Application Form online.
17) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
18) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not eligible for refund.
19) What will be the exam structure of BHU_PET (MBA) ?
There shall be one paper of 150 minutes duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple choice questions divided into following three sections:
(i) Section – 1: Academic Aptitude:
- English Comprehension
- Usage, Grammar
- Completion and Correction of Sentences etc. (Weightage 30%)
(ii) Section – 2:
- Numerical and Quantitative Reasoning Ability on Computation Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning and Interpretation of Tables etc. (Weightage 30%)
(iii) Section – 3: General Knowledge –
- Foreign Trade
- Banking and Current Economic Affairs. (Weightage 40%)
20) What does the selection process comprises of?
Combined weightage for Group Discussion and Interview shall be 20% of the total marks of the written test, i.e., 90 marks. The number of the candidates, in order of the merit, to be called for interview and group discussion shall be decided by the Admission Committee.
21) When are BHU-PET MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on the website 1 week after taking the test.
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
- There shall be negative marking in entrance tests for all Courses of study in PET.
- One(1) mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Unattempted question will be awarded zero mark.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile to the test venue.
26) What is the fee structure for the programs at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.)
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 2125/- (II/ IV Sem.)
INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a.)
Excluding mess charges
27) Is BHU-PET MBA Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
29) What is the Reservation seats for SC/ST candidates?
Admissions are open to Indian Nationals. 15 % seats are reserved for scheduled caste (SC), 7.5% seats are reserved for scheduled tribe and 27% seats are reserved for other backward category candidates respectively on all India basis.
30) For how long is the BHU-PET MBA score valid?
The BHU-PET score is valid for just one year.