Jan 29, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 28, 2017
Jun 26, 2017
How to Prepare for BHU-PET MBA 2017
Aspirants should focus on core quant topics and theory. Try and finish all the topics in the next two months. Thereafter, do not touch new topics or comfortable areas. The chief strategy should be to attempt familiar questions and leave non-familiar/ non-comfortable questions. Candidates should be able to decide this within 10 seconds.
Speed will be also very critical in the exam. Apart from question learning to select a question, candidates should also to reject a question in less than 10 seconds.
Expect some calculation-heavy problems. These questions are meant to be left alone. Give them a try only if they are not very close.So focus on CAT and CMAT syllabus.
Logical reasoning is comparatively more difficult to solve than Quant and Data Interpretation in the exam. We can expect a similar pattern in the exam. Questions in LR can range from Decision Making to Verbal Logic.
Verbal ability section usually consists of grammar, reading comprehension. There’s no different strategy for VA section. Focus on basic grammar rules that you learned during your school days. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy while preparing for verbal sections because most competitive exams have a similar syllabus. Do a lot of reading from various sources. Candidates need to focus on an overall strategy for MBA exams while preparing for verbal sections because all the exams have a similar syllabus.
While revising GENERAL AWARENESS, candidates need to go through top news stories regularly. Apart from that, focus on static topics.
Except for the section on General Awareness, all the other sections of the exam get well covered with a good preparation for BHU PET. However, it would be advisable for a student to work on his/her speed the exam. Some of the questions under Data Interpretation tend to be calculation intensive.
For preparation on General Awareness, in addition to reading newspapers regularly, it would be advisable for a student to prepare from the following sources:
- Also, in the various issues of MBA Education & Careers magazine, focus on features like Business GK, Current Issues & Events, and Current Event Chronicle (this feature captures important tidbits).
- In addition to the above, please run through the GK Model Papers feature titled, improve your GK.
- Manorama & CSR Year Book - it helps in preparation for stock type questions.
In Manorama Year Book and CSR, please focus on the following chapters.
- Who is who
- What is what
- Science scan
- Human body
- Landmarks of history
- The Universe
While preparing for this section, a student should focus on issues related to National & International Events, World Bodies, and Foreign Trade-related information.
Finally, practicing past years' question papers, as well as Mock Tests of various players, are perhaps the best source for preparation. It provides an opportunity to plug the loopholes in the preparation of entrance exam and one should give maximum importance to these question papers.
BHU-PET MBA 2017 Important Instructions
- The Candidate must carry his/her valid Admit Card for the concerned Entrance Test. He/She must occupy only his/her allotted seat as per his/her Roll Number in the seating arrangement made for the concerned Test.
- No Candidate will be allowed entry to the Test Hall after 30 minutes of the start of the Entrance Test.
- No Candidate shall be allowed to leave the Test Hall till the end of the Test.
- The Candidates shall be checked for any resource materials frequently and at random by the Invigilators and other staff conducting the Test, routinely and also on the slightest doubt.
- Calculators/watch calculators, electronic diary, pager, mobile phones, earphones, alarm clock, digital watches with memory, slide rule, etc. are not allowed in the examination hall. Also, carrying of licensed weapons, fire arms, tools which can be used as lethal weapons are not allowed in the examination hall
- Nobody other than the University authorized personnel is permitted to move around the Test venue. Any unauthorized person loitering around the Test venue shall be handed over to the police under a FIR lodged by the University.
- No scrutiny/re-evaluation of answer sheet of PET is allowed in any case at any stage
- The candidate shall be bound by the BHU Statutes/Ordinances/Rules and Regulations framed from time to time.
- Any litigation in respect of the PET shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local Court of Varanasi and/or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only
- For any interpretational difficulties, the interpretation through English language shall be deemed as correct.
BHU-PET MBA FAQ
1) BHU Postgraduate Entrance Test (PET) MBA is conducted by whom?
The Banaras Hindu University conducts Postgraduate Entrance Tests, called “BHU PET''. Admissions will be made according to merit in the PET, subject to fulfilling of eligibility requirements mentioned below and availability of seats in the particular course for which the candidate has applied for and appeared in the Entrance Test.
2) What are the various Eligibility Norms of BHU_PET (MBA) Programme?
Bachelor Degree in any discipline under at least (10+2+3) pattern OR Equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
3) What is the mode of conduction of BHU-PET (MBA) Exam?
Offline or Pen & Paper based exam.
4) Am I guaranteed a seat in a college with the BHU-PET score?
NO. BHU-PET is only one of the requirements in the admission process into a course. Student’s will have to adhere to all the prerequisite of the admission.
5) What are the specializations offered at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
BHU-PET offers following specialisation in
- Operations Management
- Information Technology (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
6) How can I register for BHU-PET MBA examination?
- Candidates need to get the application form online to register themselves for BHU-PET MBA. Applicants must check the BHU-PET MBA Important Dates.
- Aspirants can register for the test till first week of March (without late fee). The form will be generated online only after BHU-PET Login ID and Password will be allotted to the candidate. While registering for the test, candidates are required to pay an application fee.
7) What is the fee to be paid for the form?
BHU_PET Registration Fee has following criteria that is:-
SC/ST: Rs. 250.00
Others: Rs. 500.00
8) When is it conducted ?
It is usually conducted in the month of MAY.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the Second week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the BHU-PET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from BHU Official website.
10) Do you have spot registration on the day of exam?
No, you cannot make a spot registration on the day of exam.
11) What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges?
The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.
12) Is the University MBA Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
Banaras Hindu University, formerly known as Faculty of Management Studies(FMS, BHU), Varanasi, India is the Business School of Banaras Hindu University ('Best university of India on all parameters as per the India Today magazine dated 2 June 2010'). Established in 1968, it is among the earliest Management Schools in India. Since its establishment it has produced more than 4000 graduates. It is one of the oldest business schools in India and has a strong alumni network. It offers Master of Business Administration (MBA 2yrs), Master of Business Administration (International Business) (MBA (IB) - 2yrs) duly approved and certified by AICTE.
13) Which modes the payment can be done?
- Online payment through credit card/ debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank: After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal. The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his/her choice where he/she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
14) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The test will be conducted in 8 cities. You can get the details in the exam pattern section.
15) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card? .
The admit card will contain the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Test date
- Test City & Centre address
- User ID / Registration Number
16) Could I Submission of Application Form through On line?
Yes, you can submit the Application Form online.
17) If I miss the test, can I take it up on another day without paying for the test?
No, you are not allowed.
18) If I miss the test on the scheduled date, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. you are not eligible for refund.
19) What will be the exam structure of BHU_PET (MBA) ?
There shall be one paper of 150 minutes duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple choice questions divided into following three sections:
(i) Section – 1: Academic Aptitude:
- English Comprehension
- Usage, Grammar
- Completion and Correction of Sentences etc. (Weightage 30%)
(ii) Section – 2:
- Numerical and Quantitative Reasoning Ability on Computation Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning and Interpretation of Tables etc. (Weightage 30%)
(iii) Section – 3: General Knowledge –
- Foreign Trade
- Banking and Current Economic Affairs. (Weightage 40%)
20) What does the selection process comprises of?
Combined weightage for Group Discussion and Interview shall be 20% of the total marks of the written test, i.e., 90 marks. The number of the candidates, in order of the merit, to be called for interview and group discussion shall be decided by the Admission Committee.
21) When are BHU-PET MBA Results Out?
Results will be available on the website 1 week after taking the test.
22) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
23) Can I change my test centre?
No, you cannot change the test centre.
24) Will there be any negative marking?
- There shall be negative marking in entrance tests for all Courses of study in PET.
- One(1) mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Unattempted question will be awarded zero mark.
25) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile to the test venue.
26) What is the fee structure for the programs at BHU-PET (MBA) ?
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 28642/- (I/III Sem.)
INR 30765/- p.a
Rs. 2125/- (II/ IV Sem.)
INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a.)
Excluding mess charges
27) Is BHU-PET MBA Admission Test result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
28) What will be the medium of examination?
Medium of examination is English.
29) What is the Reservation seats for SC/ST candidates?
Admissions are open to Indian Nationals. 15 % seats are reserved for scheduled caste (SC), 7.5% seats are reserved for scheduled tribe and 27% seats are reserved for other backward category candidates respectively on all India basis.
30) For how long is the BHU-PET MBA score valid?
The BHU-PET score is valid for just one year.