Feb 01, 2017
Feb 22, 2017
Feb 26, 2017
Mar 06, 2017
UPES-MET 2017 - Counselling Updates
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) is being conducted every year UPES-MET for the admission to MBA course. Here is the detailed information about Selection and counselling process.
Selection Procedure: -
- You will be shortlisted for allotting admission into UPES on the basis of your MAT 2016 (September/December), MAT 2017 (February/May), CMAT 2015, XAT 2016, CAT 2015, NMAT 2015, GMAT or UPES MET 2016 scores.
- Thereafter, if you shortlisted , you will be further required to participate in GD round and lastly the personal interaction round with the UPES admission faculty.
- The performance of you will be judged at every stage of selection and based on it, you will be given admission.
- The counseling for UPES MET will be held in three cities, which are Kolkata, New Delhi and Mumbai.
- UPES will conduct the counseling via two pathways –
- Non Examination ,
- Examination pathway.
For the counselling process,you are required to bring in your
- Score Card of Class 10, 12
- Graduation for document verification process.
- UPES also accepts CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT scores.
Non Examination Pathway –
- The Students who have appeared for the following national level examinations – CAT/ XAT /MAT/CMAT/NMAT and have the required percentile can directly attend the Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The required percentiles for CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT/NMAT are as follows:
- MAT / CMAT score of minimum 75 percentile
- CAT/ XAT score of minimum 70 percentile
- NMAT score of minimum 160
Examination Pathway –
- The Students who have failed to meet the required percentile in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/ NMAT can apply via this pathway. The candidates are required to have a minimum score of 50% in Class 10, 12 and in Graduation.
- If you are applying via Examination pathway required to take the entrance test for UPES management programmes.
UPES-MET Counselling FAQ
1) Where are UPES courses offered ?
The University courses are offered at Dehradun (Uttarakhand) .
2) How has the University been created? Does it belong to the Uttarakhand State Govt./MoPNG/Oil Companies ?
UPES has been created under an Act of Uttarakhand State Legislature notified vide Government of Uttarakhand Notification No. 830/Higher Education/2003-3(18)/2003 dated September 1, 2003. However, the Governor of Uttarakhand is the Visitor of the University and the Principal Secretary, Higher Education; Govt. of Uttarakhand is the “Representative” of the State Government on various Boards of the university.
3) Has UPES been approved by AICTE? Is there any such requirement ?
Under the AICTE Act and its subsequent Regulations, Universities established under a State or Central Act in accordance with Section 2(f) and 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, do not require AICTE approval. However, the Universities are only required to maintain AICTE norms and standards and require no prior approval of AICTE for starting Technical & Professional courses.
This has also been clarified by the Hon’ble Supreme Court’s judgment in the case of Bharathidasan University v/s AICTE wherein the Court had ruled that:
“it is not mandatory for a University, created under an Act, to seek & secure prior approval of the AICTE to start a department for imparting a course or program in technical education or a technical institution as an adjunct to the University itself to conduct technical courses of its choice & selection. The Bench also said that the definition of technical institution excludes from its purview a university, and when by definition a university is excluded from a technical institution, to interpret that such a clause or such an expression, wherever the expression technical institution occurs, will include a university will be reading into the Act what is not provided therein”.
4) Is the University receiving financial assistance from any other sources ?
UPES is a self funded University and does not receive any grant or financial assistance from the Uttarakhand State Government. The University is also not entitled to receive any financial assistance or grants from UGC or any other source funded by the Government of India.
5) Is the University receiving financial assistance from any other sources?
UPES is a self-funded University and does not receive any grant or financial assistance from the Uttarakhand State Government. The University is also not entitled to receive any financial assistance or grants from UGC or any other source funded by the Government of India.
6) Will the degree awarded by UPES carry emblem of UGC or any other body?
The degrees awarded by the University do not bear the emblem of either UGC or any other body.
7) What is UPES placement track record? Does a public sector company insist on AICTE approval ?
The University has excellent placement track. The campus placements since inception have ranged between 75% to 98.3%. For details, visit official website As explained under Q1, the Universities do not require AICTE approval for starting technical courses. Generally, the Industry goes by the reputation and credibility of UPES while making campus recruitment.
8) Placements are done only through campus ? Do these companies follow their normal recruitment process or have a specially designed format for UPES ?
Yes, placements are done through campus recruitment. The recruiting companies for campus placements follow their standard selection procedures.
9) Will I get a bank loan to pursue my education at UPES? Is UPES has any tie-up with nationalized / private bank?
For the convenience and benefit of the prospective students of UPES, a formal tie-up is in place with India leading nationalized bank, State Bank of India & Oriental Bank of Commerce. The student can cover all his/her expenses e.g. Course Fee, Hostel etc., while applying for loan.
10) Are there any RESERVATIONS/ QUOTA of seats for seeking admission at UPES ?
No Reservations/ quota exist for taking admissions to any course at UPES.