Mar 06, 2016
May 19, 2016
May 25, 2016
Jun 10, 2016
AP PGECET 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for AP PGECET 2016
1 Visit any of the AP Online centers with the following mandatory details:
Name of the Candidate
Candidate's Father Name
Date of Birth of the Candidate
Hall Ticket number of S.S.C(10th Class) and month & year of passing
Tests & Paper(s) opted for Examination.
2. Pay the requisite fee and Obtain a receipt for Registration fee paid and ensure that it contains a Transaction Id.
3. Logon to www.pgec.appgecet.org using the "Transaction Id" given above.
Debit / Credit card
1 If you choose to make payment using Debit / Credit card mode, go through the Instruction booklet / User Guide carefully and be ready with ALL the required mandatory details given below .
2 Mandatory details.
3 After entering the details above, Click on the " Make Payment " Button..
4 During the payment process don't click the Back/Refresh buttons or don't close the browser page abruptly.
5 After successful payment through Debit/Credit Card, a "Transaction Id" is generated and displayed on the screen.
6 Log on to www.pgect.appgecet.org using the "Transaction Id" given above.
Eligibility for AP PGECET 2016
- They should have obtained a relevant Bachelors qualifying degree or its equivalent in the relevant field with at least 50% marks ( 45% in case of reserved category candidates) from an AICTE/UGC approved institution recognised by the Government of Andhra Pradesh as equivalent thereto for admission into the relevant M.E./ M.Tech. courses into the Courses corresponding to the Degrees as given in the following Annexure.
- Candidates who are pursuing a B.Tech or its equivalent course shall be eligible for entry into the relevant M.E./M.Tech./courses provided they have completed the prescribed course and passed all the subjects for the award of degree by the concerned university on the date of counselling for admission into the colleges.
For M.Tech Computer Science:
- B.Tech, ECE/CSE/ M.Sc. Stats / Maths / MCA or equivalent M.Sc. Maths /Statistics /Physics /Electronics/ Computer Science) MCA
For M.Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering -
- B.Tech-ECE, B.Tech-EIE or equivalent
For M.Tech Bio-Technolgy -
- B.Tech. (BioTechnology/Chemical Engg/Food Technology/Agriculture Engg)/ B.Pharmacy/ B.Sc. (agriculture/Veterinary Sci.)BHMS, and MSc in botany, zoology, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology, environmental science, Genetics, life sciences, food technology, nutrition, molecular biology, genetic engineering, immunology, chemistry.
Marks: At least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category candidates) from an AICTE/UGC approved institution recognised by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
AP PGECET 2016 Important Instructions
1. Candidates are required to apply for APPGECET test through Online only(printed hardcopy of the applications will not be accepted).
2. The application/ registration fee for the test is Rs. 600/- (Rs 300/- in case of SC/ST). In case a candidate wants to appear for more than one test, separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
3. Test is of two hour duration with 120 multiple choice objective type questions, carrying one mark for each question. The cut-off mark in the Common Entrance Test is 25%, in case of SC/ST there is no minimum marks.
4. The examination will be held from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
5. The Question Papers will be in English only, syllabus of each test paper is given at annexure-A.
6. Candidates must ensure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in annexure-B.
7. AP PGECET will be held at six different regional centers in the state i.e.,Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Vijayawada, Guntur, Tirupathi, Anantapuram.
8. As per AICTE the eligibility criterion for admission to Engineering is 50% in the qualifying examination (45% for reserved category). Further, the qualifying degree(Professional courses) obtained under distance mode must have AICTE approval.
9. Candidate should satisfy local/non local status requirements as per AP GO Ms No 153.
10. The Hall-Tickets are to be downloaded from the website www.appgecet.org. Without Hall-Tickets the candidate will not be allowed into the test centre.
11. Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score.
12. A.P. State policy on reservation shall be followed in the PG admissions.
13. The candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
14. Appearing in the test does not guarantee admission. The candidate has to satisfy all the requirements at the time of admission.
15. For further information contact AP PGECET office. Contact no:0884-2356355, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
AP PGECET 2016 Relaxation Policy
As per Government rules.
List of AP PGECET 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Visakhapatnam||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vijayawada||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||Tirupati||Pen & Paper|
|Andhra Pradesh||kakinada||Pen & Paper|