Sep 01, 2014
Dec 29, 2014
Feb 07, 2015
Mar 19, 2015
GATE 2015 Important Instructions
Filling in Application Online 1. GOAPS: GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS website) has the web address http://appsgate.iisc.ernet.in It can also be accessed from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or from the website of the GATE 2016 Organizing Institute. 2. Registration: A candidate must first register by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password. All communications from the GATE Offices will be sent to this email address (ONLY ONE PERSON CAN REGISTER WITH ONE e-mail ADDRESS). Give your personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS. GOAPS Password: The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS. This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to login to GOAPS. It is strongly encouraged to choose a password that cannot be guessed easily (it should not be the candidate’s name, date of birth, or some easily guessable string of numbers or letters like 12345 or abcd). 3. GOAPS Enrollment ID: Upon registration, an email containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate. 4. Data Requirement for Application Filling: The following data will be required while filling the form at GOAPS. a) Personal information (name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). b) Address for Communication (including PIN code), c) Eligibility degree details 13 d) College address, PIN code of college, e) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities, f) High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in along with what type of photograph is accepted . g) Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in h) Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format. i) Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format. j) Details of a valid ID Proof that you will carry to the examination hall. k) Your net-banking details. 5. Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter data, “Save” partially filled form, “Logout”, and resume filling in by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly. Online help about using GOAPS is also available. 6. Before you make the payment, you will be shown a “Preview” of your application, where you have to carefully check for any errors. 7. Once you press “Confirm and Final Submit” button, no further changes to the application can be made by you. 8. For online payment follow the instructions given in Section for payment options. 9. Problems in Login into GOAPS –In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow instructions on the GOPAS portal to retrieve them.
GATE Application FAQ
1) What is GATE?
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India Examination conducted by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology and the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board – GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India.
2) If I want the Online Payment (Netbanking) option, how should I complete the application process?
After filling all the fields in the ONLINE application form, choose Online Payment option and proceed for payment by following the instructions.
1.Your browser screen will re-directed to the bank you choose. Login with your internet banking credentials and confirm the payment.
2.After confirming the payment, you will be re-directed back to GATE application website.
3. At the end of this process, a PDF file will be generated with the following pages:
a)Page 1: Instructions and Address slip (of where you need to send the hard copy) to be pasted on an A4 sized envelope
b)Page 2-3: Two copies (one for you one to be sent to GATE office) of application form with bottom part showing certificate to be signed by principal. One copy for the candidate and another to be sent to GATE office.
4.Take a print out of the entire file and follow instructions in link .
3) Can I use one e-mail address to fill multiple application forms?
NO, one e-mail address can be used to submit only one application form.
4) Whatever I do I’m not able to upload my signature. I’m following all the instructions and criteria specified. How do I do?
Please check again the format you are trying to upload as well as the size.
5) How will I know if my photograph is acceptable or not?
During scrutiny of your application IIT Roorkee will check your photo. If the photo you have uploaded is not acceptable then you will get an email/SMS. You can then correct the photograph and other details as requested.
6) I have paid twice. What should I do to get reimbursement for the extra payment?
You don’t have to do anything. Contact IIT Roorkee only if you do not get refund by October 31.
7) I have made a payment. Money has been deducted from my account, but still GOAPS still asks me to make a payment. What should I do?
Do nothing. GOAPS will reflect your payment in three working days. IN case the payment is received by IIT, they will contact you about it.
8) I have paid the application fees but bank charges have not been deducted. Should I contact the authorities and find out?
Please don’t worry if you have made the payment successfully. It will be reflected shortly.
9) I completed my profile and proceeded to make payment, it’s showing secured connection failed.
Please wait and try again later to complete your transaction.
10) Where is the option for paying through E-Challan?
Please proceed to payment window. E-challan is available there. Download and print it. Pay it at the nearest SBI branch. You need not send the printout or the challan to IIT after payment but please safe keep it with you for future reference.
11) Can I change my mobile No or Email ID after I have submitted my GATE Application Form?
No. The Mobile number, Email ID, Exam Paper and caste certificate cannot be changed after the submission of the GATE application form.
12) While filling the application I have made some Mistakes. How do I correct them?
Except for Mobile No, Email ID, GATE Exam Paper & Caste Certificate, any other corrections may be allowed. For that candidates have to send IIT Roorkee a mail with their Enrolment ID along with a document showing the correct information. The website will be enabled to accept the corrections indicated. All candidates who have requested for such changes will be informed by email/SMS once this option has been enabled.
13) Can I change my GATE Exam City after submission of my GATE Application Form?
Requests for change of examination city will be accepted till November 20 with a fee of Rs. 400/-(four hundred only) to be paid online using GOAPS.
14) I have selected a wrong paper, e.g., I have selected PH in my GATE application and actually want to write PE. What should I do?
File a new application with a new email address (mobile number can be same) and choose the correct paper for examination. Please note that no refund will be made for the incorrect application.
15) I want to change my category in my GATE Application Form. What should I do?
Yes, you can change the category. For change from GN/ OBC to SC/ ST -send an email to your Zonal GATE Office. Changes will be done with no refund of application fee.
For change from SC/ ST to GN/ OBC, the procedure will be notified later.
16) I want to make a change in my gender in the GATE Application Form. What should I do?
- For change from Male/ other to Female, you can send an email to your Zonal GATE Office. Changes will be done with no refund.
- For change from Female to Male/ other, the procedure will be notified later.
17) Guardian name is appearing as parent’s name in the application. What to do?
Please don’t worry. The name will be recorded correctly in the database. It is always mentioned as Parent’s / Guardian’s name.
18) what can i do in case of College address appears blank in the Application Form?
Not to worry. A mail will be received from IIT asking for college details if needed. Send a mail to IIT Roorkee if your college address is completely missing in admit card.
19) Why should I choose two examination cities?
Generally, you will be allotted a centre in the examination city of your first choice. Only in cases where it becomes difficult to accommodate you in the examination city of your first choice, your second choice will be considered.
20) My power/internet connection failed during application process, what do I do?
If you have clicked on “Save” during application process, the data you entered up to that time has been stored online. Simply login back to the GATE application website and continue the application process.
21) You are asking only the SC/ST/PD candidates to enclose the category certificate. What about the OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates? Do they have to enclose the category certificate too?
NO. OBC (non-creamy layer) candidates do not have to enclose the category certificate since their application fee is same as that of the general category candidates. However, in the application, you can indicate the category to which you belong to. You need to produce the category certificate only to the admitting institute at the time of admission.
22) I want to pay online by my credit/debit card, but I don’t see that option!
You can only use internet banking (netbanking) facilities for online payment. Credit /debit cards will not be accepted.
23) My net banking account has been debited (money taken out) more than once. How do I get the money back ?
This can happen if your bank account was used more than once or you pressed refresh or back/forward button of your internet browser. Please check your bank account after 48 hours. Any unaccounted or excess money that was received on behalf of GATE from this account will automatically be returned back (credited) to the same bank account.
24) My bank account has been debited (money taken out), but GATE Application website says that the payment has not been received. What do I do?
This happened because of some failure in internet transactions (including failure of internet connection at your end). As soon as possible, you MUST initiate a fresh payment process on the GATE application website, and make the payment again. The money that was debited (taken out) from your account the first time, will be credited (put back) to your bank account within 48 hours. You will be charged only once. Any excess/unaccounted debits will be returned to you.
25) If I want the Bank Challan option, how should I complete the application process?
After filling in all the fields in the ONLINE application form, choose Bank Challan option and proceed for payment by following the instructions.
1.At the end of this process, a PDF file will be generated with the following pages:
a)Page 1: Instructions and Address slip where you need to send hard copy.
b)Page 2-3: Two copies (one for you one to be sent to GATE office) of application form with bottom part showing certificate to be signed by principal.
c)Page 4: page for candidates who select “bank challan” way of payment (as against the net banking). This page will contain 3 copies of challan.
4.Take a print out of the entire file and follow instructions in link .
26) Do I have to send the printout of the application form?
YES. At the end of the Application process a PDF file of the application is generated. You have to affix your photograph, signature and enclose other documents along with this print out and send to the concerned GATE office. This is REQUIRED in addition to the uploading of the image files.
27) I have attached the documents online, do I have to send the hard copy as well ?
No, you need not submit the hard copy of supporting documents to GATE office.
28) Should I attest the photograph for application form?
NO. Photographs must not be attested application form or uploading. You must bring a valid photo ID card to the examination center.
29) When and how will I know the status of my application?
You can check the status of your application by logging in at the GATE Online Applicant website.
30) After completing the ONLINE application process and generating a PDF file, will I be able to change my application data?
NO. After completing all the steps upto PDF application form generation in ONLINE application process, you can only download the application form and cannot modify the data. Hence you need to be very careful while entering the data. You may also save a partially filled application and login in again at a later point in time to complete and submit the application.
31) Which identification card numbers shall be accepted in application form?
Only numbers of the following identification cards shall be accepted: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, college ID, Employee Identification Card for Indian candidates and For International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID/Driving License shall be accepted as the recognized identification.
32) Is the Admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?
- NO. The Admit Card has to be brought to the test center along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application.
- ONLY one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee Identification Card or driving License.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if the original and valid photo identification is not presented.
33) For how many GATE papers can I apply?
A candidate can apply for only ONE of the 23 papers listed in the GATE INFORMATION BROCHURE or GATE website. The choice of the appropriate paper is the responsibility of the candidate. Some guidelines in this respect are suggested below.
1. The candidate is expected to appear in a paper appropriate to the discipline of his/her qualifying degree.
2.The candidate is, however, free to choose any paper according to his/her admission plan, keeping in mind the eligibility criteria of the institutions in which he/she wishes to seek admission.
34) My College Address is blank in my GATE Admit Card.
Please mail IIT immediately with a copy of the Admit Card.
35) My photograph is blurred in the GATE Admit Card. What to do?
Mail IIT immediately with a copy of the admit card.
36) Will there be any provision for keeping my bag or things like mobile at the exam centre?
No, the GATE authorities will not be making any such arrangements. Candidates will be carrying these things at their risk.
List of GATE 2015 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar Gpo||Online|