Mar 13, 2016
Apr 11, 2016
Apr 19, 2016
May 16, 2016
GAT (PGP)-M.Pharmacy Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations/Courses offered at GITAM University inn M.Pharmacy ?
Courses Offered at Visakhapatnam Campus:
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutics
- M.Pharm. in Pharmacology
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Analysis & Quality Assurance
- M.Pharm. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
2) Does GAT offer any financial assistance or scholarship?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
3) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.
4) Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
Yes. It is compulsory for all to stay in the hostel as the programmes are residential in nature. Rent free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students.
5) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
6) Is GITAM University approved by UGC?
Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management (GITAM) (a deemed-to-be university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) known as GITAM University is an educational institution in India. It was previously known as GITAM College, affiliated to Andhra University. Established in 1980, it was conferred the status of deemed university in 2007. It was the first private engineering institute in Andhra Pradesh to receive university status. GITAM is planning on receiving an ABET International Accreditation.The university has three campuses – its main campus at Visakhapatnam spreads over 100 acres, and the other two campuses are at Hyderabad and Bangalore.
7) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
- Merit–cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ ` 2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
- Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 8,000/- per month.
- Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech. & M.Pharmacy depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 5,000/- per month.