Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT (Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT - 2017)
Feb 15, 2017
May 21, 2017
Jun 02, 2017
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT 2017 - Counselling Updates
The Indraprastha University conducts the CET-BHMCT exam for admission to the Hotel Management and Catering Technology programmes offered by its affiliate colleges.
- Selection criteria for different colleges affiliated to the university may differ because of the varied type of courses offered by these colleges.
- Candidates must qualify the basic eligibility criteria of the exam in order to be
- Candidates for the above-mentioned programmes is done solely on the basis of merit list prepared on the basis of CET-BHMCT exam.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of CET-BHMCT exam will have to apply for the counselling process of Indraprastha University and fill up their colleges and courses of preference.
- Once the result of the counselling is announced, students must report at the assigned colleges and get the document verification done.
- Candidates must carry their original certificates and mark-sheets for verification. Fees must also be paid for confirming admission.
Indraprastha University CET-BHMCT Counselling FAQ
1) How to I know about the list of affiliated colleges/institutes for various programmes?
The tentative/indicative list of affiliated colleges/institutes is uploaded in university website .
2) Is it required to pay any registration fee for online counselling?
Yes,it is mandatory for the all CET qualified candidates to submit an amount of Rs.1000/-(Rupees One Thousand only) (one time non refundable) as counselling participation fee for online counselling.
3) Do I need to submit any document if pursuing course through distance learning mode?
In case of students who have passed the qualifying examination through distance/ open education system of any recognized university/ board/institution, the necessary documentary evidence related to location of his/her study centre i.e. study centre proof, certificate from the university/board imparting open/distance education certifying the location of study centre must be submitted at the time of verification of documents.
4) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
No. online registration and choice filling can be done from place of convenience(including from home) using internet.
5) How do I get password for logging in?
After paying the Counselling Participation Fee of Rs 1,000/- during the process of online registration you will generate your own password. Candidates are advised to keep the password that they have created, confidential to them till the end of the counseling process. They can change the password after creating. Password is very important for participating in online process. Sharing of password can result in misuse by somebody else, leading to even exclusion of genuine candidate from online process.
6) How many choices I am required to fill?
Candidates are advised and encouraged in their own interest to fill maximum number of choices, as it increases the possibility of getting desirable seat. For the benefit of the candidates, the stream wise and institute wise and rank wise Admission Rank cut off data of previous year is available of University websiteat the time of counselling.
7) What is the procedure of conversion of seats?
The conversion of seats reserved for SC, ST, Defence, Physically Handicapped and Minority to General Category shall be done only after the allotment during 2 nd counselling for reserved category as per the University Reservation policy. No such conversion will be allowed in the 1 st round of counseling.
8) Who all are covered under Defence Category for claiming admission in GGSIP University?
- Defence Personnel means any person who is serving in Indian Army,Navy or Air Force or a person who has served in Indian Army, Navy or Air Force or those who come under the category of Ex-servicemen as per notification of Govt. of India are entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category I to VII.
- Para military forces, like BSF, CRPF, CISF, Assam Rifles etc. and various other organizations like Coastal guard, DSC, etc., are entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category I to V.
- Police Personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards are also entitled for claiming the seat for admission under Defence Category Priority V.
9) Who are covered in SC/ST for claiming reservation?
The candidates belonging to the communities, which are not included in the list of Scheduled Castes for Delhi, in the Presidential order, will not be entitled to admission in IP University against the seats reserved for Scheduled Castes candidates. The candidates, belonging to thecommunities, included in the list of Scheduled Castes, in the Presidential order, in relation to Delhi will be entitled to be considered for admission.
10) What are the various opportunities for placement in the University/ Affiliated Colleges/Institutes?
The candidates may contact the University Placement Cell and also therespective affiliated colleges/institutes for placement status and activities.
11) Who will be considered for reservation in Outside Delhi Region Category?
If Qualifying examination is passed from Outside Delhi and Reservation certificate issued from anywhere in India, including Delhi for SC/ST categories, then admission is permissible under Outside Delhi Reserved category.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place