Mar 01, 2016
May 08, 2016
May 29, 2016
IPU CET B.Tech Counselling FAQ
1) What are the specializations offered at Indraprastha University in B.Tech ?
- B.Tech. (Information Technology)
- B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Mechanical & Automation Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Power Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Instrumentation & Control Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Tool Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering).
2) I belong to reserved category. Is there any age relaxation to apply for UG & PG Courses?
There is five years age relaxation for reserved category.
3) Do I have to report to any counseling centre for registration or choice filling?
Online registration and choice filling can be done from place of convenience (including from home) using internet However, for candidate belonging to reserved category physical reporting for verification of documents is mandatory. The schedule for verifications of documents for each CET Code will be displayed separately. Also the candidateswhose result for qualifying degree have not been declared or have passed their qualifying degree from distance education will have to physical report for submission of Affidavit or proof of study centre as the case may be.
4) How many seats are reserved for Delhi and Outside Delhi Region?
- Generally, 85% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Delhi
- Region and 15% of the sanctioned intake shall be allocated for Outside Delhi Region. However, in case of Self Financing Institutes, sanctioned intake also includes 10% Management Quota seats (if offered). Certain institutes established by Central Govt. and Minority Institutions etc.; the reservation of seat will be as notified by the Statutory Bodies.
5) I am aware that admissions in GGSIPU are based on CET merit and one has to participate in the Counselling process. How do I know the dates for Counselling?
This year, University is conducting Online Counselling for 11 programmes. The details with names of the programmes and the schedule has been uploaded on the University website. Also, candidates may refer to the Offline Counselling schedule for counselling to be held manually/offline.
6) Who is the final authority regarding reservation policy?
Final decision regarding reservation policy will be taken by the Government of NCT of Delhi and the same will be announced on the University website.
7) What is the process of Online allotment of seat?
The detail of Online allotment of seat is available in the Admission Brochure 2017-18. All the candidates who wish to seek admission through online process for the respective CET Codes for which Online Counselling is being held and should logon to official website at the time of admission.
8) 29.What are the modes of online payments for registration fees, counseling fees admission fees?
For Online admission procedure, the candidates will get two options of payment:-
1. Cash payment (Challan will be generated and fee may be deposited through cash in any branch of Indian Bank).
2. Net Banking/Credit Card and Debit Card.