Nov 20, 2015
Apr 23, 2016
May 10, 2016
How to Prepare for VSAT 2016
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether,it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams.
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
VSAT 2016 Important Instructions
1) What is V-SAT ?
Vignan's Scholastic Aptitude Test (V-SAT) is conducted by Vignan University, Guntur for taking admission to Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) program in Agricultural Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communications Engineering (ECE), Electronics & Computer Engineering (ECM), Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EEE), Food Technology, Information Technology (IT), Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Petroleum Engineering and Textile Technology for this session.
2) What is the admission procedure?
- The admission will be on the basis of the performance in the V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE.
- The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the RANK obtained in V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE, provided if he/she gets minimum 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria. Admissions will be purely on merit and by following the reservation policy applicable to Vigna's University.
- A common merit list will be prepared based on the performance in the entrance test and eligible candidates will be called for the counseling to be held at the Vigna's University premises at Vadlamudi, Guntur District, A.P.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualification for admission. Having been appeared for the competitive examination or called for counseling does not necessarily mean acceptance of the eligibility/admission.
3) How can I get a copy of the application?
V-SAT application is available strictly online, either from the Admissions website or on the Common Application website. Students are strongly encouraged to submit their applications to Vignan's University.
4) Any photocopy of the certificate needs to be attached along with the application form or not?
No certificates need to be sent - they will be checked at the time of admission.
5) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the V-SAT application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- You have read the instructions carefully.
- You have to use black ball-point pen to enter the codes in the boxes and pencil to shade the alphabet / numeral / circle as indicated.
- You have to affix a good quality recent, colour photograph in the space provided.
- You should NOT attest the Photograph.
- You have to clearly and legibly write your complete postal address to which the communication is to be sent.
- You have to enter your correct PINCODE.
- You have to indicate your correct STD code and Phone No. / Mobile No.
- You have to mention your correct e-mail address.
- You have to sign in the space provided below the photograph and in the declaration form.
- Your parent / guardian has to sign the declaration form.
- You should not use any pins or stapler in your application.
- You have to clearly indicate whether you require hostel accommodation or not.
- You have to enter the correct Test City Code on the envelope provided.
- You have to retain a photocopy of your application.
6) How can I receive my hall ticket?
Hall tickets will be dispatched through courier/speed post.
7) What if I send an incomplete application form?
Application Form received without fee or otherwise incomplete in any respect or received after the stipulated dates for submission, may not be considered/evaluated for admission or may be summarily rejected without assigning any clarification or intimation.
8) What are the eligibility criteria for V-SAT ?
Candidates born on or after 1 July, 1995 and a pass in Intermediate or its equivalent with minimum 60% aggregate marks are eligible to appear for the admission test.
9) What is the age limit for VSAT ?
Candidates born on or after 1 July, 1995 are eligible to apply for VSAT.
10) How am I Eligible for admission to B.tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
11) If I got 60% in Mathematics in XII in CBSE, but my overall marks are less than 60%, will I be eligible for admission in Vignan's University ?
No.you are not allowed.
12) I obtained 59.99% - am I eligible?
No, 60% means stVignan's Universityrictly 60.00% or above.
13) I have secured 58% in PCM / PCB in qualifying examination, but in 2016 I am appearing for the Improvement Examination, can I apply?
Yes, you can apply, but at the time of counselling you should produce the proof that you have secured 60% aggregate in PCM / PCB.
14) I have secured 60% over all aggregate marks in the qualifying examination, but I have not secured 60% aggregate in PCM / PCB, am I eligible for VSAT?
Sorry, you are not eligible.
15) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for VSAT (B.Tech)?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for VSAT (B.Tech) .
16) I had appeared in VSAT (B.Tech)-2016 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in VSAT (B.Tech)-2017?
Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for VSAT (B.Tech)-2017.
17) May I use calculator in the examination?
No, use of calculator, mobile phone or any other electronics devices is strictly prohibited. All the rough work should be done on the rough paper provided to student during examination.
18) For how long is the VSAT(B.Tech) score valid?
The VSAT(B.Tech)score is valid for just one year.
19) What should the candidate do if he/she does not have the scorecard available with him / her & not even available on the internet?
No, to apply in Vignan's University, the candidate must have his 10 and 12 board results. The candidate will not be allowed to fill the form if the result is still awaited.
20) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
The merit list will be prepared purely on the basis of the performance in the V-SAT /EAMCET/JEE.
21) What are the programmes offered at Vignan's University?
Following branches of B.Tech programes are offered by the Vignan University through VSAT B.Tech -
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engg. (CSE)
- Electronics & Communications Engg. (ECE)
- Electrical & Electronics Engg. (EEE)
- Food Technology
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textile Technology.
22) What is the Procedure of V-SAT B.Tech Counselling Process ?
- Counselling Schedule for VSAT will be announced by the Vignan University. The date / time for counselling will be intimated to the candidates either by post or through SMS or E-Mail and also been displayed on the university website.
- Change of date / time of counselling is generally not permissible. If a candidate fails to appear personally for counseling on the date and time specified, he/she will forfeit his candidature for the allotment of seat on that day. However, he / she is eligible to appear for subsequent counseling depending on the availability of seats.
23) Can parents attend the counselling instead of the candidate?
For B.Tech Programme, it is mandatory that the candidate attends the counselling. However, if the candidate is unable to attend due to some genuine reason, we can permit parents to represent the candidate. In such a case, the candidate should give an authorization letter in favour of his/her parents. The decision taken by the parents is final and binding.
24) Does the University offer any scholarships to meritorious candidates?
- Students with no backlogs in the academic year and having 75% marks (including minor subjects) shall be considered for awarding the scholarships. They should have passed all subjects in the 1st attempt.
- Top 5% of the students registered for examinations shall be awarded the merit scholarships / fee waiver. The number of scholarships / fee waiver should be rounded off to the nearest integer.
- If students with same percentage marks are to be awarded, highest eligible scholarship shall to be sanctioned to both the students.
- The maximum amount of the fee waiver / scholarship given to any student shall be limited to the amount out of the
- fee paid by the student or
- category „A? fee whichever is less.
25) Is the Vignan's University for the B.Tech Programme recognized by UGC or by AICTE?
- The college's first campus was established in 1997 at Vadlamudi. Later another campus of the Engineering College started at Deshmukhi near Hyderabad.
- It has been awarded Deemed University status, is approved by AICTE and NBA, and is an ISO 9001:2000 certified institution.
26) How are the placements in Vignan's University?
- Vignan's University has a full-fledged integrated placement cell, which invites the leading brands of the corporate world to campus every year. Our campus placement process is designed to meet the needs of recruiters along with providing students with the best opportunities to jumpstart their career.
- Despite the uncertain global macroeconomic scenario, VU continues to remain one of the most preferred destinations for campus hiring by top brand recruiters across diverse sectors.
27) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.