XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
XAT will be conducted on Sunday, January 7, 2018, by XLRI on behalf of XAMI. XLRI conducts XAT at the National-level to select students for admission into management programmes. XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria has been mentioned in the XAT Information Brochure, which was out on 14th August 2018.
For the first time, XAT is being conducted in online mode on 7th January 2018. Until last year, XAT was a Pen and Paper-based (offline) exam. The XAT Registration Process started from 16th August 2017 and the last date to register for the exam is 30th Nov. 2017. XAT exam score is used by more than 150 institutes for admission to their Management courses. XAT 2018 will be conducted in the online mode across the country. It has 47 examination centres in India and 2 centres in international cities.
XAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria has remained the same over the years. XLRI does not recommend changing the criteria for eligibility for XAT exam 2018 either. There is no age limit for candidates to appear in the XAT exam.
According to XAT Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should have done their bachelor's degree of minimum three years duration from any recognized university or institute.
- Those candidates who will complete their final year examination by 10th June 2018 may also appear for XAT 2018 exam.
- Only Indian, Dubai and Kathmandu candidates can apply directly for XAT Exam 2018. While NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score.
- There is no minimum percentage in Bachelor's Degree required for the XAT Exam 2018.
XLRI Programme: XAT Eligibility Criteria
After applying for XAT Exam, candidates have the option to apply for admission to 11 member colleges of XLRI, which use XAT scores.
- XLRI has 180 seats each in its programmes: Business Management (BM) and Human Resource Management (HRM)
- 20 seats in its two-year Global Business Management
- 180 seats in the one-year GMP programme popularly known as General Management Programme.
- HRM and BM candidates must have a 3-year Bachelor's degree from any recognised university or institutes.
- GMP candidates should have a Bachelor degree in India or 5 year managerial/ supervisory experiences in abroad by 31st March 2018. Also, candidates can apply through either XAT Exam 2018 or GMAT score.
1. What is the eligibility criteria for taking XAT 2018?
- Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline. Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018 may also apply.
- All Indian candidates must appear for XAT 2018. However, NRI and Foreign candidates may apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT 2018).
2. Am I eligible for XLRI and other Associate Members by applying for XAT 2017?
XAT score is accepted to get admission in a total of 11 XAT Member Institutes for their respective courses. Since XLRI is the conducting body of XAT examinations, candidates can apply for admission in the institute
3. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XLRI?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for XLRI.
4. I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to register for XLRI?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to XLRI. You need to complete your final year examination by June 10, 2018.