Sep 30, 2016
Dec 02, 2016
Dec 11, 2016
Dec 19, 2016
MICAT 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for MICAT 2016
1. Create Login ID for the filling the application form for the MICAT or MICA Admission Test for MBA
2. Fill all the personal information like Name, User ID, Password, Category, Gender, E-mail ID, Security Question & Answer and Date Of Birth in the application form.
3. Scanned all the Documents in required size and format. Documents may include Passport size photograph, Community/Caste Certificate (only if the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST), Educational Documents, Identity Proof, Domicile Certificate(if applicable) and other supporting documents as mentioned.
4. Pay the application fee online by mentioned bank in the Exam Details.
5. Downloads & Prints hall ticket from the Official Site.
Eligibility for MICAT 2016
A MICA aspirant will need a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) to register and apply for flagship PGDM-C at MICA. Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.
Age- No bar
Marks- 50% in Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system)
MICAT 2016 Important Instructions
1. The MICA Hall Ticket will be available online on the official website of the Institute.
2. MICAT Admit Card will be available only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application form.
3. Admit card is an important document and the candidates are required to produce it to the invigilator in the exam hall.
4. Hall Ticket for MICA Test will contain information of the candidate, the exam and the venue.
MICAT 2016 Relaxation Policy
As per Govt. Rules.
MICAT Application FAQ
1) Can you tell me something about MICA?
Established in 1991, MICA (formerly known as Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad), is a residential institute dedicated to creating Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication. MICA is an autonomous, non-profit institution.
2) Is there any difference in the PGDM-C provided by MICA and the courses offered by other business schools?
Though the curriculum may have similarities, the creative thinking and communication skills for creating professionals that are customer and market oriented is where the program at MICA differs from the others. A list of courses provided by MICA ONLY: Media Management Market Research & Analytics Advertising Management Brand Management MICA is the only one B-School providing unique specializations in the emerging fields such as: Digital Communication Management Social Change Leadership .
3) Please elaborate the key strength of the Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGDM-C) program at the MICA?
The course focuses on development of consumer centricity, creative thinking, communication and community outreach for inculcation of leadership skills in the students.
4) What is the fee for the MICAT exam?
The fee is Rs. 1965 (for all category applicants).
5) Where do I pay my fees?
a)Candidate can pay ‘Application Fee’ through :-Using Master or Visa Card,Deposit the fee in cash against the SBI challan at any nearest SBI branch,Through DD, drawn in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad. b)Candidates must note that the option to edit form will not be made available once form will be duly submitted and payment of application fees will be made. c)Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee.
6) When will MICAT be held and can I choose an exam date?
MICAT will be held on December 11. Based on your selection of preferred exam city, you will be allotted the session slot and exam center, subject to availability.
7) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print from December 02, onwards. You will have to log onto the MICAT website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission.
8) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
9) How many times the MICAT is conducted in a year?
MICAT is conducted 2 times in a year; in the months of February and December.
10) Can I appear in MICAT both the times?
YES. But the candidates have to apply twice & pay the fee twice as per the schedule released by the MICA. If the candidates fail to qualify the first exam, they can take the next one. The second exam will also be open for the candidates who have NOT been offered confirmed offer if selection.
11) What is the mode of conduction of MICAT Exam?
Online or Computer Based Test (CBT).
12) How can I get familiarized with the online exam?
An online test (Demo or Mock) has been uploaded on the official website. Solve it for practice.
13) Can I use my own computer for taking the test?
NO. Every candidate will be allotted a computer at the exam center itself.
14) Can the test be taken from ANY computer?
No. Every applicant will be given a test center via the Admit Card and he or she has to report there on exam day. The allotment of computers will be done to all the candidates roll number wise. Every candidate has to sit on the computer allotted to him or her in the exam center by the invigilator.
15) What are the various steps of admission process in PGDM-C program at MICA?
There will be 3 steps in the complete selection or admission process, which are as follow-
Step 1 – Entrance Exams (CAT, XAT, and GMAT) Every candidate has to qualify any ONE of these exams. The scores will be accepted for CAT 2015, GMAT 2012 (onwards) and XAT 2016.
Step 2 – The next step is to qualify the MICAT Exam.
- Only CAT, XAT or GMAT qualified candidates are eligible for this exam. MICAT will be conducted in ONLINE mode. ?However, no minimum scores in these exams are fixed for such candidates.
- MICAT will be assessing the candidates on the following: Divergent thinking abilities Written communication abilities General awareness about contemporary socio-political and business issues, including areas relevant to media marketing, advertising Current affairs Analytical and verbal abilities .
- The MICAT will also comprise the psychometric profiling which will be used for assessment of the leadership potential of the candidate Step 3 – Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI).
List of MICAT 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|