CEED Exam Pattern gives a fair idea about the number of questions, marks distribution, time duration and format of the exam. By judging candidates Visual and Spacial, Environmental, Analytical, Logical, Language, Creative, Communicational, and Problem Solving skills, CEED 2019 aims to provide admissions to the deserving candidates in prestigious institutes like IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, IISc Bangalore and IIT Guwahati.
Given below is the detailed exam pattern of CEED:
- CEED is conducted in both online (computer-based) and offline (pen-paper based) modes.
- The medium of language is English.
- IIT Bombay conducts CEED 2019 in two parts, Part A and Part B. Questions from both the parts (Part A and Part B) are mandatory to be attempted by the candidates.
- The total duration of the exam is 3 hours, wherein Part A will be of 1 hour and Part B will be of 2 hours.
- Both Part A and Part B take place on the same day. However, only those candidates who qualify in Part A exam become eligible to appear for Part B exam.
- There is negative marking in Part A only.
- Part A is conducted in a computer-based format.
- The total duration of Part A is one hour (10.00 A.M-11.00 A.M).
- Part A has multiple type of questions, which are divided into three sections.
- 2 marks are given for every correct response.
- There is negative marking of 0.6 marks in the first and third sections. However, there is no negative marking in the second section.
- Part B section is conducted in a pen-paper based format.
- The total duration of Part B is two hours (11.00 A.M-1.00 A.M).
- Candidate’s overall skills in designing are tested in this particular section.
- Answer books are provided to the candidates in the exam hall, wherein they have to write their answers and return the test booklet to the examiner.
CEED Question Paper 2019
Once the exam is conducted, IIT Bombay releases CEED Question Paper along with CEED Answer Key. After commencement of CEED 2019, IIT Bombay will release the CEED question paper for candidates to get an idea of the paper pattern and type of questions asked in the examination.
Here's the CEED 2018 Question Paper for candidates who are aspiring to appear for CEED 2019.