Oct 20, 2015
Jan 21, 2016
Feb 14, 2016
Jun 05, 2016
NIFT B.Des Counselling FAQ
1) For how long is the NIFT B.Des score valid?
The NIFT B.Des score is valid for just one year.
2) What are the specializations offered at National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) in B.Desgin ?
Following are the Specialization
Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) - 4 years
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design.
3) Is NIFT Degree recognized?
Yes. NIFT has been granted statutory status under an Act of Parliament of India in 2006, empowering the Institute to award degrees and other academic distinctions.President of India is the ‘Visitor’ of the Institute under the Act. NIFT is also a member of Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
4) Do you have reservation of seats for SC/ST?
Seats reserved for SC / ST / Differently Abled Candidates (PHP) / Foreign Nationals / SAARC / NRI in each programme are as under :
- SC :- 15 %
- ST :- 7.5%
- OBC (NonCreamy) :- 27 %
- Differently Abled Person (PHP) :-3% horizontal reservation for Differently Abled Person (with 40% or more disability) cutting across all sections i.e. SCs, STs, OBCs Non-Creamyand General category. Campus and programme will be allotted on rotation.
- Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI :- 15 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile :- 20 % (Supernumerary)
- State Domicile in Jammu & Kashmir :-3 5 % within 30 seats.
5) Which banks are tied-up for educational loans?
Union Bank of India provides pre-sanctioned loans for candidates who qualify for the NIFT admission. You can apply as soon as you clear theNIFT entrance test.
6) How can I approach Union Bank of India for student loans?
You can contact any UBI branch across the country with your Common Merit Rank (CMR) for student loans on special rates.
7) Does NIFT offer any other courses other than the full time program?
NIFT has developed a range of Continuing Education Programmes, which have been developed in consultation with reputed academicians and industry practitioners. These programmes reflect the requirements and concerns of the industry and have been carefully planned to spur professional growth, and are relevant to individuals at different stages of their careers.
The CE Certificate Programmes are aimed at complementing the practical knowledge of the industry professionals with formal technical education in their respective areas of work. The flexible schedule enables the participants to pursue the programme without interrupting their professional activities. With focus on interactive learning, the programmes provide a congenial environment that integrates theory with practice. The participants receive a NIFT certificate on successful completion of the programme.
8) How are students evaluated in the regular programs?
Continuous evaluation and assessment is undertaken throughout the semester by way of assignments, projects, internships and presentations. Juries comprising academicians and industry professionals assess students' work and capabilities. The aim is to closely monitor students' evolution as competent professionals and provide critical feedback to students on their performance and development.
9) What are the facilities provided on campus in terms of services to the students?
Students are provided with library (Resource center), hostel facility, canteen, sports zone, medical doctor, Internet access, transportation facility.
10) Is the placement center centric or common across all centers?
The placement in NIFT is centralized for all centers and disciplines.
11) Can the student of any center intern in any place in India/abroad?
Yes. The student can take up internship anywhere with the consent of department.
12) Is there a committee for anti-ragging act at the centers?
Yes each campus has a committee to take care of this. The committee comprises of faculty members and the administrative staff.
13) How does the organization function?
The Institution is headed by the Director General, Who sits at the NIFT HQ in New Delhi. Each Campus is headed by a Director. The academic departments have Chairpersons as academic heads of the respective departments. Each campus the department is headed by the Campus coordinators.