Admission Open 2021
Get UCEED Sample Papers For Free
IIT Bombay conducts the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) for candidates seeking admission in Bachelor of Design programme (B.Des) offered at IIT Bombay. To begin preparing for UCEED 2021, you must know why the exam is conducted in the first place. The exam is basically meant to test your Visualisation and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Observation and Design Sensitivity, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Design Thinking, Language and Creativity, as well as Problem Solving skills. Some last-minute preparation tips for UCEED will help you ace the exam.
There will be usually three types of questions, which will be asked in UCEED 2021:
We have compiled a list of things that you should and shouldn't do in order to prepare for UCEED 2021:
2. You must start your preparation for UCEED 2021 well in advance as the range of knowledge and aptitude tested for the examination will be vast.
3. Although UCEED 2021 will be a computer-based test and will not have a drawing section, there will be questions based on the fundamentals of drawing. In that case, understanding concepts and theories of drawing such as perspective, shade, human figure and proportion, shadows and textures will be essential.
4. You should have a good understanding of elements and basic principles of design, such as colour theory, animation techniques and typography.
5. You must read newspapers, general knowledge books, research on the internet or watch youtube videos to improve your vocabulary, general knowledge and current affairs.
6. There could be questions based on basic topics of science, math and computer science. Hence, try and brush up such topics.
7. Also, try and familiarise yourself with information on famous designers and iconic products, Art history and movements, Architectural history, monuments, terminology, popular logos - automobiles, companies or organisations, internationally recognised Indians in the corporate or technology sector, sports, and also any famous international personality. However, you must keep in mind the fact that questions in UCEED will not be limited to these topics. There could be questions beyond these topics as well since UCEED 2021 will be an open-ended exam.
8. Make a study plan as per the availability of time. Only cover topics that you feel can be possibly covered in the given period rather than just going through all the topics.
9. Practice questions papers from previous years so that you know the type of questions to expect in the UCEED 2021 exam.
10. You do not have to spend time on practising drawing for UCEED 2021 because it will be an online exam, and it will not involve drawing.
The candidates can, in the meanwhile, can go through the UCEED 2020 question paper. Click here to get ahold of the Question paper!
Find the UCEED 2019 Question paper on the link mentioned ahead. Click here for the 2019 UCCED question paper!
One of the best ways to prepare for an exam is to go through previous years' papers of the same examination. For those of you preparing for next year's UCEED, check out UCEED 2018 Question Paper!
Want to know more about UCEED
To take any admission related assistance, either dial the helpline number 1800-572-9877 (toll-free) or fill the Common Application Form. Our admission experts will be glad to help you out. For any questions, post your queries in the QnA zone.
Thank YouREAD MORE...
You are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria of UCEED 2021 in order to be eligible for admission. Open or OBC-NCL category candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1996. SC, ST or PwD category candidates date of birth certificate should mention the birth date on or after October 1, 1991. If you satisfy the aforementioned criteria, then you are eligible for UCEED 2021.
Check out the links mentioned below to understand the exam better.READ MORE...
You can gather the previous year question papers and answer keys of UCEED by clicking on the link below.
To understand the exam better read Colleges Accepting UCEED 2021 Score, Cut-off and Seats and UCEED Seat Matrix and Reservation Details.
Thank YouREAD MORE...
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community
Consulting various books usually makes candidates confused. It is better to refer to a few reliable books instead of studying from several books for UCEED preparation.
UCEED previous year question papers give an idea of the difficulty level of the paper, exam pattern, types of questions asked and so on. Hence, sample papers or previous year question papers play an important role in UCEED preparation.
The best way to learn how to manage time for UCEED is to practice mock tests.
In most cases, eight to twelve months are considered to be adequate time for the preparation of UCEED.
It usually depends on the overall time you are left with. However, 2-3 hours of effective study every day should be sufficient to score well in UCEED.
Yes, you can prepare for UCEED in six months. You must have a good plan for the same in order to manage the time and have a clear idea of the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam.
In order to prepare for UCEED, you must know the syllabus, be aware of changes in the exam pattern (if any), make a plan, complete the syllabus, practise previous year question papers, mock tests and so on.
Yes, you can crack UCEED without any external help or coaching. All you need is a good preparation strategy to manage your time and cover all the topics.