Get UCEED Sample Papers For Free
IIT Bombay conducts the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) for candidates seeking admission in the Bachelor of Design programme (B.Des) offered at IIT Bombay. To begin preparing for UCEED 2022, you must know why the exam is conducted in the first place. The exam is basically meant to test your Visualisation and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Observation and Design Sensitivity, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Design Thinking, Language and Creativity, as well as Problem Solving skills.
UCEED 2021 Preparation is not difficult if the candidates strategise their time wisely. Here are some important preparation tips for UCEED 2022:
Scroll through the page to get more UCEED 2022 preparation tips.
Here are a few important topics that will help you in preparing for UCEED 2022 in just 4 months:
Before starting anything, make a plan for the topics you want to cover in the upcoming days and allot time accordingly. It is important to have a plan before diving into the preparation. Keep the last few weeks purely for revision.
Sometimes, the use of equipment is restricted in UCEED. Candidates must practice a lot of free sketching with basic equipment like 2 grades of pencil: H-grade for rough work & light drawings and B-grade for rapid work & shading.
Check out the comic strips online or in the newspaper every day. It will help you in understanding the format and art of storytelling through drawings.
With only a few months left for the exam, it is crucial to understand that time management is the key. Go through the syllabus and exam pattern of UCEED 2022 and evaluate where your preparation stands. Plan out a timetable in a manner that you cover all the important and high weightage topics in the upcoming days. Prioritize the important things and ace them to score well in the exam.
Since a few mathematical geometry-based questions also crop up in UCEED 2022, candidates must keep practising them to perform exceptionally well in that section. Candidates must take a few hours aside everyday to practice these questions regularly.
Since UCEED is a time-bound exam, it is important to solve practice tests regularly and keep a timer while doing so. It helps in increasing speed as well as efficiency.
This is one of the most important tips that must be executed well. Candidates must solve as many sample papers, previous year's question papers and mock tests as possible. They must keep a self-timer and evaluate their performance after the exam. This helps in identifying, rectifying and improving on the weak areas and erros.
Since, in UCEED candidates are evaluated based on their visualisation, imagination and creativity, students must try to think out of the box and do exercises to enhance their creative and artistic skills.
Just like Mathematics, an hour must be kept aside for reading newspapers, magazines and brochures. Candidates must also study the work of their favourite designers to improve their General Understanding and Knowledge.
Writing down the important points in a separate notebook is a wise move as it helps in going through crucial information without wasting much time. Students must revisit this notebook at the time of revision as it saves a lot of time.
All the hard work goes down the drain if candidates do not revise and retain all the information they have studied. Candidates must revise a lot in the last remaining month and work on the weak areas.
To chalk out a preparation plan of UCEED 2022, candidates first need to take the following steps into consideration:
Check the UCEED syllabus and important topics.
Go through the UCEED exam pattern and marking scheme.
Explore, research and buy the best books of UCEED 2022.
Figure out your strengths and weaknesses and allot time to the topics accordingly.
Prepare a daily, weekly or monthly timetable as per your convenience.
At last practice and put your preparation to test by solving practice papers regularly.
Evaluate your performance after saving every practice test and work on your weak areas.
Revise before sitting for the final exam.
We have compiled a list of things that you should and shouldn't do in order to prepare for UCEED 2022:
1. Start from understanding the UCEED exam pattern and UCEED syllabus.
2. You must start your preparation for UCEED 2022 well in advance as the range of knowledge and aptitude tested for the examination will be vast.
3. Although UCEED 2022 will be a computer-based test and will not have a drawing section, there will be questions based on the fundamentals of drawing. In that case, understanding concepts and theories of drawing such as perspective, shade, human figure and proportion, shadows and textures will be essential.
4. You should have a good understanding of elements and basic principles of design, such as colour theory, animation techniques and typography.
5. You must read newspapers, general knowledge books, research on the internet or watch youtube videos to improve your vocabulary, general knowledge and current affairs.
6. There could be questions based on basic topics of science, math and computer science. Hence, try and brush up such topics.
7. Also, try and familiarise yourself with information on famous designers and iconic products, Art history and movements, Architectural history, monuments, terminology, popular logos - automobiles, companies or organisations, internationally recognised Indians in the corporate or technology sector, sports, and also any famous international personality. However, you must keep in mind the fact that questions in UCEED will not be limited to these topics. There could be questions beyond these topics as well since UCEED 2022 will be an open-ended exam.
8. Make a study plan as per the availability of time. Only cover topics that you feel can be possibly covered in the given period rather than just going through all the topics.
9. Practice questions papers from previous years so that you know the type of questions to expect in the UCEED 2022 exam.
10. You do not have to spend time on practising drawing for UCEED 2022 because it will be an online exam, and it will not involve drawing.
A few important topics that are often asked in the final exam or have the most weightage have been given below. Candidates can start their preparation by covering these topics first:
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Arguments, Course of Action, Assumptions, Assertion, Causes & Effect, Analogies, Reasoning, Direction & Distance
Design Thinking and Problem Solving
Ability to use and understand Signs, Visual Analogies, Metaphors and Symbols.
Environmental and Social Awareness
Environmentally Sustainable Designs, Musical Instruments, Indian Cultural Background & Famous Structures, Musical Maestros, Crafts & Dresses, Dance Forms
Language and Creativity
Knowledge of English Grammar &
Observation and Design Sensitivity
Logos & Punchlines, Hidden Meanings in logos, Designs of Logos Chronology, Type of Logos, Punchlines Perspective, Colour Theory, & Line Theory
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Optical Illusion, Conventional/ Unconventional Materials for Construction, Design & Decoration
A short preparation guide of UCEED 2022 is given below:
Want to know more about UCEED
To take any admission related assistance, either dial the helpline number 1800-572-9877 (toll-free) or fill the Common Application Form. Our admission experts will be glad to help you out. For any questions, post your queries in the QnA zone.
Thank YouREAD MORE...
You are required to fulfil the eligibility criteria of UCEED 2021 in order to be eligible for admission. Open or OBC-NCL category candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1996. SC, ST or PwD category candidates date of birth certificate should mention the birth date on or after October 1, 1991. If you satisfy the aforementioned criteria, then you are eligible for UCEED 2021.
Check out the links mentioned below to understand the exam better.READ MORE...
You can gather the previous year question papers and answer keys of UCEED by clicking on the link below.
To understand the exam better read Colleges Accepting UCEED 2021 Score, Cut-off and Seats and UCEED Seat Matrix and Reservation Details.
Thank YouREAD MORE...
Typical response between 24-48 hours
Get personalized response
Free of Cost
Access to community
Consulting various books usually makes candidates confused. It is better to refer to a few reliable books instead of studying from several books for UCEED preparation.
UCEED previous year question papers give an idea of the difficulty level of the paper, exam pattern, types of questions asked and so on. Hence, sample papers or previous year question papers play an important role in UCEED preparation.
The best way to learn how to manage time for UCEED is to practice mock tests.
In most cases, eight to twelve months are considered to be adequate time for the preparation of UCEED.
It usually depends on the overall time you are left with. However, 2-3 hours of effective study every day should be sufficient to score well in UCEED.
Yes, you can prepare for UCEED in six months. You must have a good plan for the same in order to manage the time and have a clear idea of the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam.
In order to prepare for UCEED, you must know the syllabus, be aware of changes in the exam pattern (if any), make a plan, complete the syllabus, practise previous year question papers, mock tests and so on.
Yes, you can crack UCEED without any external help or coaching. All you need is a good preparation strategy to manage your time and cover all the topics.