Nov 03, 2015
Jan 05, 2016
Jan 17, 2016
Jan 21, 2016
CMAT 2016 - Application Steps
How to Apply for CMAT 2016
- You need to do Self Registration and enter a few basic details. Please ensure you enter the correct details on this Self Registration form and verify it before you click on the Submit button on this page.
- Once you submit this page, you cannot edit any data entered on this page.
- Submitting this page will generate a unique 6 digit password.
- This password will be shown on your screen and will be sent to you via Email and SMS. From now onwards, whenever you wish to login to the registration portal, you will come as an Existing User and log in with your e-mail id and this unique 6 digit password. This completes your self-registration.
- Payment can be done via two modes: Online Payment & Cash Payment in SBI bank.
- Now that you are done with the payment, you need to fill the remaining part of the form. Once you have filled the complete form, we suggest you once again check the complete data entered by clicking on View/ Modify button.
- The system will re-confirm to you for Submit. Once you confirm, your form will get finally Submitted and no change in the data is possible after this.
- You will see a message on your screen stating “Thank you for successfully registering for the AICTE CMAT January exam onwards to download your exam Admit Card. For latest updates, please visit www.aicte-cmat.in” .
- Here you can click on Preview button to view your filled form. If you wish, you can print your filled form and keep a copy with you for reference.
Eligibility for CMAT 2016
Graduates in any discipline or Final year students of Graduate Courses can apply for CMAT.
NOTE: The eligibility criteria for admission to Management programs (Diploma and Post Graduation) is as mentioned below
1 Management (PGDM, MBA and similar)
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs. duration Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination
2. Management (PGCM)
Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 Yrs. duration
3. Management (Executive PGDM)
Any recognized Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration and a minimum of 5 years relevant managerial / supervisory experience. Obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) at the qualifying Examination
CMAT 2016 Important Instructions
- You should have a computer with good internet connectivity so that there is no breakage of the internet during registration.
- All your qualification details as you need to enter them while registering for CMAT exam.
- You need to upload your scanned photo while registering, hence keep ready a scanned clear photo of yours taken on a white background. The size of this photo should be 140 x 160 (60Kb).
- You need to upload your scanned signature while registering, hence keep ready your scanned clear signature done on a white background. The size of this signature file should be 60 x 90 (30Kb).
- A valid e-mail id which you will be using at least for the next 6 months. All communication will be done on this e-mail id which you will enter while registering for CMAT exam.
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number.
CMAT 2016 Relaxation Policy
As per Govt. Rules.
CMAT Application FAQ
1) When and how do I register for CMAT ?
Online registration for CMAT January will begin on 10th October 2016 and close on 10th December 2016. Detailed instructions for the online application and registration process are available on official website.
2) Who is eligible to take the test?
Candidates who are in the final year of the Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3) Programmes or who have appeared in the final year examination from a recognized institution/university can also appear in the test.
3) Can I appear for CMAT for practice purpose, though I am aware that I am not eligible?
No. Only eligible candidates can appear for the test.
4) What is the fee for the test?
The fee for General / OBC candidates appearing for CMAT is Rs.1400 + Bank charges as applicable; whereas for Female /SC/ST/PWD category candidates fee is Rs.700 + Bank charges as applicable
5) Where can I pay my fees?
Candidates are appearing for test in India are required to pay registration fee either by Online (Credit / Debit cards / Net banking).
6) When will CMAT be held and can I choose a test city?
CMAT in India will be held on 28th January 2017,29th January 2017 is a reserved day. Yes, you can select up-to 3 cities in India giving order of preference towards your test city. The first choice of city will be given due consideration and weightage. However, actual allotment as per order of choice will be subject to availability of the slot in that particular city.
7) Can I pay the fees through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque or Cash? Where do I pay my fees?
No. Fees cannot be paid through Bank Demand Draft or Cheque. It can be paid through online or Cash at any of the SBI branch. For making cash payment, you need to generate Challan through the portal and visit the nearest SBI bank on the next day of challan generation to pay the cash.
8) Is CMAT going to be conducted ONLINE twice a year?
No. From academic year 2016-17 onwards, the CMAT exam will be conducted only once a year, The CMAT-2017 will be conducted on 28th January 2017. 29th January 2017 is a reserved day.
9) Can I make any changes to my postal address after I have submitted my application form?
No, Once you submitted your application form, there is no way to change your information.
10) How do I get my Admit Card, whom should I contact?
You need to login on the website www.aicte-cmat.in using your username & password and select “Admit Card” to print your Admit Card directly from the website. In case you are unable to take the printout you may seek help of Call Centre / Helpdesk at the following contact : 022-66258304.
11) After submission of CMAT registration fee, can I cancel my application and apply for refund of fee?
Under no circumstances, cancellation of application and refund of fee will be allowed.
12) Can I use my coaching institute’s or a friend’s email address when registering for CMAT?
No, you need to have a valid and unique email address of yourself which you will be using at least for the next eight months.
13) From where can I get the list of test cities?
A list of test cities is available on official website
14) When will I get my Admit Card?
You can PRINT your ADMIT CARD by going to official website from 13th January, 2017.
15) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, CMAT Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
16) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
17) Can I give CMAT exam via paper pencil mode later in case I missed the Online examination?
CMAT is a computer based online exam scheduled on 28th January 2017. 29th January 2017 is a reserved day. It cannot be taken in paper-pencil mode.
18) Is there any age restriction for appearing in CMAT?
No, there is no age restriction for appearing in CMAT.
19) What does a Computer Based Test look like?
CMAT trial test is available on official website for candidates to get familiarized with the functionality and navigation of the actual Computer Based test.
20) Will the Admit Card be sent to me as a hard copy by mail?
No. Apart from the ADMIT CARD made available ONLINE on the website, the admit card will be sent to the email address provided by you. It is therefore, mandatory for you to have a valid email account throughout the selection process. Note: Admit Card is a mandatory requirement in order to take the test. You must bring a print out of your Admit Card to the test centre.
21) Can I take the test from any computer?
No. A candidate will have to take the test on a pre-assigned computer at the test venue.
22) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
23) If I complete my exam before three hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled three hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
24) How is the computer-based online examination different from the conventional paper-based examinations?
The computer-based online examination is more or less the same except that a candidate reads a question on a computer terminal and clicks on the correct answer, instead of reading on a paper booklet and using a pencil/pen to darken the ovals on an answer sheet.
List of CMAT 2016 Centers (Expected)
|State||City||Mode of Exam|