Apr 29, 2016
May 11, 2016
May 22, 2016
Jun 12, 2016
JEE Advanced Counselling FAQ
1) I have declared my category as OBC-NCL during JEE (Main) 2017 registration. I do not have a valid NCL certification. Can I upload a certificate issued prior to 01-April ?
No. A valid OBC-NCL certificate as per the prescribed format issued on or after 1st April should be uploaded for getting the benefits of OBC-NCL category.
2) If I do not submit the OBC(NCL) certificate by 5th June, can I submit it at the time of Reporting?
No, since your declared result is also based on the category. Therefore, if you do not submit the certificate by 5th June , your result will be based on general category.
3) I have accepted a seat through JoSAA 2016. Am I eligible for JEE (Advanced) ?
If you have accepted seat in IITs then you are NOT eligible for JEE (Advanced).
4) I have OBC-NCL certificate issued in the format specified by a state government. Can I upload this certificate to avail myself of OBC-NCL benefits?
No. The certificate should be in the format specified by the central government as per the prescribed format and the caste should be in the central list of OBCs.
5) I am a defense service (DS) personnel. Can my child get a seat under DS category?
Not all defense service personnel' children are eligible for DS category seats. DS category seats are earmarked for children of defense/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action during war or peacetime operations.
6) Is there any dress code to appear in JEE (Advanced) ?
Do not wear unnecessary things such as rings, chains, bangles, ear-rings or a modern watch. A simple analogue watch is permitted so that you can have the estimate of time.
7) Do I need to pay any fee at the time of seat acceptance?
YES. At the time of seat acceptance, you have to remit (by E-challan mode of payment at State Bank of India, any brach) seat acceptance fee. This fee amount is Indian rupees Rs. 45,000 (Rupees Forty five thousand only) for GEN, OBC-NCL or Foreign candidates and Indian rupees Rs. 20,000 (Rupees Twenty thousand only) for SC, ST, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD candidates. This seat acceptance fee will be adjusted against the admission fee of the admitting institute. If you do not pay seat acceptance fee, the seat allotted to you will be cancelled. Proof in the form of ORIGINAL E-challan counterfoil stamped by bank (SBI any branch) need to be produced at the Reporting Centre (RC) at the time of seat acceptance.