Courses & Exams
News & Articles
A User
Asked this 1 year, 8 months ago


My son wants to study permance arts - Dance choreography for undergraduate course.
Tags: Shree Dwarkasheesh Institute of Management and Science, Media & Mass Communication
Jayita Ekka
Answer written 1 year, 8 months ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear parent,

Okay! If you son is interested in pursuing Choreography, it's good. With the exposure to media on a global level, artists are held in great regard, provided they are good. A degree or certificate will just take their career off to the next level. However, we suggest that your son takes up a generalised course on performing arts rather than restricting himself to just choreography at the UG level. 

International universities offer some good courses based on specialisation, and if you have the funds or if he cam manage a scholarship, he should go abroad to train under the best!

Purusing a generalised course will also help him be in a position, wherein, if need be, at a later stage in life, he can pursue a different form of art as well as a career option, because he would have the degree for it. Good luck. 

1 Answer
1 Expert