Ask a question at the CollegeDekho Q&A Zone

Ask all your queries related to higher education and get them resolved by our experts

About degree : Hi, I want to become a singer. But first I want to learn about music, music production & I want degrees in music. What should I do after Class 12 then? Please suggest course and college options.

- AdminUpdated On January 18, 2017 07:08 PM

Dear student,

It is indeed difficult to find passionate and artistic people like you! We think it's awesome. Coming back to your question, there are various options that you have after Class 12. Most universities (like University of Delhi etc) offer B.A (Hons) Degree in Music. You can choose between classical, western or instrumental or whatever you wish to. These degrees are recognised across the globe. Once you have acquired knowledge on Music, you can move to do a course in Music Production from a well-known college. Usually, Media Schools have dedicated courses on Music Production. Ideally, you work under a trained musician for sometime and can be a permanent part of their crew or create your own entity or band and become an independent musician. 

If you have the means to go abroad, University of Berkley has an excellent infrastructure for budding musicians. Plus you get to perform and interact with musicians globally. In fact, Music Production is a popular course in UK & Europe, though, in India, it will be difficult to find a Music Production course at an UG level. Good luck! 



- Jayita EkkaAnswered on November 23, 2016 06:39 PM
  • 0
  • 0
  • 0