Courses & Exams
News & Articles
Sudip Biswas
Asked this 1 year, 1 month ago
Student / Alumni

Enquiry for BE civil Engineer ing

Sir, Is The Institution of Civil Engineers (India), Ludhiana, Punjab recognized any Govt service in India. They do AMICE course. Equivalent to Degree Engineering. Please send me a response to me. I am from Agartala, Tripura state. Sudip Biswas
Anjani Chaand
Answer written 1 year, 1 month ago
CollegeDekho Expert

Dear student,

Although the Institute of Civil Engineers (India), is recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India as well as the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) etc., it is to be noted that many government jobs/services in India do not accept these degrees as a criteria for selection. 

We suggest that you pursue B.Tech / BE from an AICTE approved institution after appearing for engineering entrance exams such as JEE or other state level/ university level exams.

To know more about these exams and colleges, please click on the following links:

You can get back to us for assistance in admissions and applications. We will be happy to help you!

For regular updates and information, visit !

1 Answer
1 Expert