From the table given below, candidates who will be appearing for the entrance examination can check out the exam highlights of IIT JAM 2023:
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is the conducting authority of IIT JAM 2023.
- IIT JAM 2023 provides admission for both Indian and Foreign nationals. It is open to anyone from any country.
- There is no age restriction/ limit.
- IIT JAM 2023 is going to be conducted in 7 subjects and is a Computer Based Test.
- The IIT JAM 2023 question paper will have three objective types of questions viz (1) Multiple Choice Questions, (2) Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and (3) Numerical Answer Type (NATs) Questions
- Aspirants may appear for ONE paper or TWO Papers
- Candidates who qualify JAM 2023 are eligible to apply for over 3000 seats in IITs for the academic year 2023-24. There is no additional evaluation process, such as an entrance test or interview, required for admission to the programmes in Admitting Institutes under JAM 2023.
- JAM 2023 Scores can also be used for admission to different programmes like MSc, MSc (Tech), MSc- MTech Dual Degree, MS (R), Joint MSc - PhD, MSc - PhD Dual Degree, and Integrated PhD in various institutes.
- JAM 2023 scores will be used for direct admission to around 2000 seats for counselling through CCMN in NITs and other CFTIs.
- JNCASR, IIPE, IISc, IISER Bhopal, and IISER Pune also use JAM 2023 scores for admission to postgraduate programmes.
- JAM 2023 Examination will be conducted across 109 Cities in India.
Conducting Body (2023)
Name of Exam
|Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Admission Test|
|February 12, 2023|
|Duration of Exam|
|Mode of Application|
|Courses of Admission|
M.Sc. (Two Years), M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc.-M.Tech, Other Post-Graduate Degree Programmes at IITs, Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programmes at IISc
|Mode of Examination|
|Total Number of Questions|