Details regarding physician assistant course : Is it a 4-month course there?
A B. Sc in Physician Assistant course (PA) is a paramedical course with an integrated module designed to be of a three-year duration or four-year duration with eight semesters including a one-year internship in most colleges in India. After this course, you will be an expert in different spheres of medical specialisations such as preventive healthcare, clinical research, teaching, rural medicine, management/administration for development of institutional information system, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Physician Assistant course (PA) in India:
- PCB in Class 12 Board Exam with a minimum mark as defined by various colleges in India
- Some medical schools conduct their own exams as well
Colleges offering Physician Assistant course (PA) in India:
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani in collaboration with Madras Medical Mission and Frontier Lifeline Hospital in Chennai
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi
- Netaji Subhas Open University and Care Hospitals
- A.D.N Institute of Paramedical Science & Hospital, Nagpur
- Martin Luther Christian University, Shillong
- Jayshree Academy, Kolkata