Best Preparation Tips for CAT 2023 Exam Day
It is completely fine for any aspirant to get nervous before the day of the CAT exam. However, there are certain things that candidates can do to maximize their chances of performing well in the exam and not getting overly stressed.
1. Take a Good Night's Sleep: You must get at least 8 hours of sleep before the CAT exam to maintain your focus while attempting the paper. Lack of sleep will lead to restlessness and you might just end up yawning inside the examination hall.
2. Carry Necessary Documents: You must not forget to carry your Admit Card and ID proof on the day of the CAT exam. Without the admit card, you will not be allowed to sit in the exam hall, and the process of going back home to retrieve will waste your precious time.
3. Reach the Exam Center on Time: Ensure that you reach the CAT exam venue at least one and a half hours before the commencement of the test. Reaching in advance means your precious time will not be wasted on the security checks, identity verification process, etc.
4. Go Through the Tutorial and Instructions Carefully: You must pay attention to the 15-minute tutorial as well as the important instructions. The tutorial is meant to help you familiarise yourself with the online test procedure such as navigating through the sections and keeping a track of the time.
5. Ignore Questions That You Find Confusing: You may find some questions in the paper that will distract you from performing other simple questions. Don't spend too much time on such questions as you will lose the opportunity to attempt the easier ones.
6. Keep a Track of Time: Taking the CAT exam is all about how you manage your time while answering tricky questions. With a time limit given in every section, it is best for you to avoid overspending time on a question that you feel is tough to answer.
While appearing for an exam like CAT is a big deal, one must keep in mind that not performing well is not the end of the world. There are many other options available for you to explore. Just try keeping these pointers in mind and we're sure you will do your best!